PDA

View Full Version : Which building in Poly?

ncrohrs
07-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi,

We have decided to stay at the Poly for our '08 trip. I have stayed there twice when I was a kid (20 or so years ago) and with my husband in '99.

Now we are going with our 3 kids, ages 2,4, and 6. Which building do you recommend trying to request? I am torn between prioritizing room size, view (lagoon/park view), or location (close to GCH or TTC?)

Thanks so much for any input!:thumbsup:

pshokie
07-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Couple of suggestions:

#1: Google <snip> to find great website that has lots of information that will help you make a decision.

#2: There is a button at the top of the of the threads called "Search". It is your friend. ;) I say that in jest, only becuase I know this topic comes up once a month, so do a search and you can get lots of information and opinions on "which longhouse"....

#3: Answering the original question: I am a Tokelau person. The rooms are larger than the other Longhouses (except Tahati and Rapi Nui), it is centrally located, a short walk to the TTC (you will use it ;) ), its quiet, and there is an off chance that you will get one of the famed "Sideways-Castle-View-for-A-Garden-View-Price" rooms.

And especially with 3 kids, I would go for one of the larger room longhouses.

But I caviat, as always, with the following. If you are going to WDW in the first week of May, the Poly is terrible. Stay off site. As far away as you can. Just kidding. Just gotta make sure the I can get my room at the Tokelau! :thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I agree with the previous post. Tokelau and Tahiti are both good.

Honestly, the hotel property is smaller than it seems and no building is far from anything. Five to 7 minute walk at most from one end to the other once you know the direct routes.

DisneyorBust
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Considering the ages of your children, I also suggest the Tokelau longhouse. Check the under the resort tab (above) and you'll see how centrally located it is on the POLY map. Not only to the GCH, it is close to both pools and just a short walk to the TTC. It is close to the beach if you want to watch WISHES or the Electric Water pageant.
Like pshokie stated, larger room sizes. I also have 3 children, you'll appreciate the extra space in Tokelau. ( Rapa Nui and Tahiti longhosuses too)
Have a great time, whichever longhouse you pick!:D

Mickey91
07-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Well, it depends on the view you want. We stayed in 2003 in the Samoa. Our patio opened right near the volcano pool, and our lodge door opened right at the path to the great ceremonial house. Couldn't have asked for better location. Plus, if we went out that door, we could also go right to the quiet pool on the other side. Only a Castle View room would have been better! We were in 1607. Will hopefully get to stay there again one day.:mickey:

DisneyJunkie
07-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Just to throw in my two cents, my wife and I have stayed at the Polynesian twice (once on our honeymoon, and once again about 2 years later) and we stayed in the Aotearoa building, 3rd floor, room 3226 (or something close to that). That location, for us, was absolutely terrific. The room was beautiful and spacious, it wasn't too far out from the Grand Ceremonial House (or Captain Cook's or the monorail), and one of the best features was the balcony, because from it when you looked out in the morning, you could very clearly see Cinderella Castle straight ahead of you. At night, you could sit out on your balcony and enjoy the beautiful MK fireworks show. By all means, I recommend you try that area out.

ncrohrs
07-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you, Tokeleau or Tahiti are what I have got it narrowed down. I guess I am not guaranteed which longhouse, but I am definitely requesting. WE are now just trying to determine if a lagoon view is really worth it. We are planning a 6 night stay and it seems we could pretty much have an extra night in lieu of a lagoon view!

Thanks for all the responses.

gueli
07-23-2007, 11:28 AM
we opted for a garden view (an extra day)...
I would rather have the extra day, plus you can always take a short walk to find the 'right' view.
have fun,
good luck
Gueli
:mickey: