PDA

View Full Version : Reduced rates on points or discounts for cash purchases???

ldc12377
07-09-2007, 10:16 AM
How can you find out if there are any special reduced rates on points from Disney? I was reading some early post from April and saw that there was a deal on AKL ($96 per point). I doubt that rate is still available. I really don't like talking to people on the phone but if that is the only way I guess DVC would be worth it.
Also do they ever give discounts or better rates if you play cash instead of financing the purchase?
I'm a serious need of help!!!

DVC2004
07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Point prices in creased to $104 per point a few months ago. Sold out inventory (like OKW) sometmes is available to purchase for a lesser price. You would have to call DVC for that.
Disney usually offers incentives that expire in a time frame when you call to get info or tour.

mprewitt
07-09-2007, 10:53 AM
How can you find out if there are any special reduced rates on points from Disney? I was reading some early post from April and saw that there was a deal on AKL ($96 per point). I doubt that rate is still available. I really don't like talking to people on the phone but if that is the only way I guess DVC would be worth it.
Also do they ever give discounts or better rates if you play cash instead of financing the purchase?
I'm a serious need of help!!!

There is no discount for paying cash.

The last I heard, the pricing was:

AKV = $104 - $8 incentive = $96
SSR = $104 - $10 incentive = $94
BCV = $101
BWV = $98
VWL = $98
OKW = $92
HH = $92
VB = $92

But I would call DVC to verify the latest pricing and incentives.

WishingStar2006
07-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Also look at resales like from The Timeshare Store (and intercot sponsor)...you can get good discounts (almost $10 per point) from there.

Good luck!

Ian
07-09-2007, 03:53 PM
We paid cash for our membership and we got no discount outside of the existing $10 per point incentive they had for SSR.