PDA

View Full Version : GF Honeymoon Help, Please....

mickeys_princess_mom
07-08-2007, 10:05 PM
DH and I are trying to plan our 30th anniversary honeymoon (our first real one), and want to make it special by staying at the Grand Floridian (near Christmastime:cloud9:) next year. Any advice on choosing a room? Has anyone stayed in the honeymoon rooms? Is concierge something we should do? ( I pretty much obsessively plan everything myself:blush: but...)..I can't find a lot of pix of the different rooms...We'd like to stay in the main building, if possible, but don't really need a suite. What do you suggest?

TexasPrincessAurora
07-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Just sent you a PM with site link for GF photos. Hope it helps!

tigger24601
07-08-2007, 11:57 PM
dh and i stayed at gf for our honeymoon nov. 2004. we didn't stay in the main building instead they put us in a regular room on the lagoon. i don't remember exactly which building it was but we were on the 3rd floor, i think. we had the perfect view of the castle and space mountain and enjoyed the fireworks from our balcony several times. one night we just wanted to stay in so we ordered room service and sat outside to watch. it was really nice, like having our own private showing, you can even hear the music from the park. i couldn't think of any better place to stay. hope you enjoy yourself.

TammiMcMan
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
This is one of our favorite resorts. DH and I celebrated our 20th anniversary here in a honeymoon suite.

They offer two different layouts, but which one you get is by request and availability only. There are about 9 suites located on a private 2nd floor of the main building. These are the same size as a standard room, but come with a guaranteed king bed, jacuzzi tub, wetbar and balcony that overlooks the castle.

There are 6 rooms with a second optional layout. These are on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor of the main building. They are twice the size of a standard room, with a poster bed, walk in closet, wet bar, oversized tub and 2 sitting areas. None of these rooms have a balcony, but they do come with the 6 or 8 palladium windows. We stayed in this style of room and it was absolutely breathtaking. Here are some photos that Karen has on the Magical Journeys website, http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Karen/suitedisney/GFTurret/GFTurret.htm.

The remainder of the rooms in the main building are a mixture of suites, deluxe rooms and standard concierge. Views are not bookable, just requested.

Honestly, many people find that the dormer rooms are just as romantic. They can be found in all the outer buildings and due to the slope of the roof, they're a little bit smaller, but have cathederal ceilings. The balcony is a bit smaller as well, but they're private with a solid railing. I think a theme park view, with a dormer request would be lovely.

Concierge is sometimes able to help you with planning things and you have access to the private lounge, but there's really nothing you can't do on your own if you enjoy that part of it. For the money you save, you can book a Wishes cruise with champagne & strawberries, a private dining event that won't cost you much more than a signature restaurant, a WL sleigh ride or even Victoria & Alberts. It really comes down to what you'd like to spend your money on.

As far as pictures and room details, you may want to hold off on your research. The GF is currently undergoing room renovations and we've yet to see what the new ones look like.

mickeys_princess_mom
07-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I thank you for your help, folks. I'll check these out--I appreciate your responses very much!:wave::hug: