PDA

View Full Version : Transportation ?

Gottaluvgoof
07-08-2007, 09:41 PM
We have reservations at Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge. A cast member on the phone told me there is transportation from Wilderness Lodge to all resorts? I'm wondering if that's true, and if not, what will be our best way back to All Star Sports? We have a 7:30 p.m. reservation, so I'm thinking I don't want to be transferring buses after dinner. I think we'll be a little tired after a whole day. Thinking that might be a cab night. :confused:

p.s. Sorry about not using the abbreviations, but new to the board and they drive me CRAZY! :D

LovinWDW
07-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I know that there is transportation to all the parks from WL, but I don't think there is transportation to all the other resorts. You can take the boat from WL to the MK and then catch a bus to your resort. If I were you, I'd take a cab. It won't cost more than $15 and will take you 1/4 the amount of time.:thumbsup:

True Disney Fan
07-08-2007, 10:02 PM
:thumbsup:One of the best bets is to ride your bus transportation to the MK and then take the boat to the Wilderness Lodge. Allow time for your bus transportation to get you to MK and the boat to the lodge.

After dinner, you can take the boat, if still in time, back to MK and then the bus back to your resort. There are busses that will run from the Wilderness Lodge to the MK or other Parks if the hours are in time. Most likely, the bus, after late will be available to the Park area. :mickey:

There are not busses that run from resort to resort. It has been to a Park and then from Park to the resort...Have a good time.

The Whispering Canyon is a GREAT place for a meal....:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Resort to resort transportation is a great challenge at Disney, since there aren't direct buses to and from the resorts.

To travel to/from dinner, you'll have to head to the nearest themepark, which in this case is MK, and then take the boat or the bus to Wilderness Lodge. Coming "home" would be the same thing...back to MK if it is open, or another park, or DTD, then back to the resort.

A cab would be a lot quicker, or you could use this as an excuse to do some shopping in DTD!

Gottaluvgoof
07-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks for all the replies! I didn't think the bus would go directly back. Sometimes, I think they tell you what you want to hear..lol :D :mickey:

WishingStar2006
07-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah, we're having the same probelm for dinner at BOMA....we'll bus to the MK (AK will already be closed) and then bus to AKL...not very convenient but I guess it's part of the adventure.

Have fun at Whispering Canyon......it's great!

Carol
07-09-2007, 07:03 AM
p.s. Sorry about not using the abbreviations, but new to the board and they drive me CRAZY! :D:welcome:

I'm old to the boards and they drive me crazy too. :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
07-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I didn't think the bus would go directly back. Sometimes, I think they tell you what you want to hear..lol :D :mickey:It depends how the cast member meant it. I mean, there IS transportation, it's just not DIRECT transportation. This, as opposed to telling you the only way to get there is taxi or rental car.

Piglet822
07-09-2007, 02:25 PM
This link from info central should help you:

WDW Transportation (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp)

The easiest way to get form one resort to another is to use one of the parks as your transfer point. It's worked well for me in the past. Just be sure to give yourselves plenty of travel time. At least an hour is recommended.
If there are no parks open and DD is your only option of a transfer point I suggest taking a taxi. It'll be well worth the fare spent getting bck to your hotel.

Beast_fanatic
07-09-2007, 10:04 PM
They usually run buses to the various resorts after the late Hoop-Dee-Doo, so that might be what the cast member was referring to.

CleveRocks
07-10-2007, 07:35 AM
They usually run buses to the various resorts after the late Hoop-Dee-Doo, so that might be what the cast member was referring to.
... but that would mean buses running from Fort Wilderness, and the OP is talking about Wilderness Lodge.

Beast_fanatic
07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
... but that would mean buses running from Fort Wilderness, and the OP is talking about Wilderness Lodge.

I was just pointing out that the cast member may have gotten the information confused...