PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers

Christine
07-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I know I am, what, 10 years behind the times? But I have just been turned on to this mini series! History Channel plays them time and again, and I have often gotten hooked into bits and pieces of it when I can.

How many parts are there? I wonder if they are rented out (at Blockbuster or the like). The parts I have seen, I have really enjoyed!

Anyone have them on DVD? About how many hours am I looking at here???

chrisb26
07-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Well your not 10 years behind only 6 ;)

I think this is a great mini series and hae watched most of the episodes. I believe there are 10 parts and that each part is about an hour in length. I know they are available at the video store because I have rented the disks. Each disk has 2 episodes on it. So I hope this helps it is worth the time to watch them all it is a great show.

Christine
07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks so much for that info! I definitely can do two discs at a time...I was worried you had to take them ALL at once, and I cannot sit still that long!

Thanks again, Chris! :thumbsup:

I know what I'll be doing next weekend! :popcorn: :tv: (only not laughing...there is not a smiley for watching sad/serious tv!) :D

Chrisx2
07-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Band of Brothers is one of my favorite things! We have them on DVD and I watch them over and over. Be sure to have the tissues nearby for Episode 9- Why We Fight.

Mickey'sGirl
07-09-2007, 02:52 PM
This is a wonderful series -- we too have the DVD set and have watched it many times. It really allows you to get intimate with the company....and I always feel so sad when we have finished the set! Stephen Ambrose also wrote a wonderful book called "Band of Brothers", which was used in the creation of this series.

Christine
07-09-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm so excited to start renting these! I'm sure if I like it as much as you guys, I'll end up wanting to purchase the set. I looked it up on Amazon and they are a bit too high for me to swing right now, so I'll just have to rent them for the time being.

Thanks again for the info!

pedro2112
07-10-2007, 12:12 PM
A few years back, my DW bought me the box set on DVD for father's day. It was the best present I've ever received! You not only get all the episodes in 5.1 dolbly surround sound, but you get a bunch of "extras" such as documentaries, "making of" segments, etc...

Well worth the money!

:thumbsup:

offwego
07-10-2007, 05:11 PM
We have it too. DH loves it and DS (with DH controlling the remote) is quite keen as well.

A very well done series.

Melanie
07-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm sure if I like it as much as you guys, I'll end up wanting to purchase the set. I looked it up on Amazon and they are a bit too high for me to swing right now, so I'll just have to rent them for the time being.

Go ahead and start saving up your money!

I love the friendship between Winters and Nixon. Sincerely touches my heart!

gueli
07-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Band of Brothers is an amazing story (real life, book & DVD collection).

I am so glad I have it, although when I see part of it on, I end up watching also (commercials & all) :secret:

merlinmagic4
07-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Would this series be appropriate for a 10-11 year old boy? My son loves history and the military. Thanks :)

Followthatmouse
07-14-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure that it would be suitable for a 10-year old. The violence and some of the language is graphic. However, it is extremely well produced and, from a lay point-of-view, seems particularly accurate in its portrayal of a single Airborne company and the war's effect on these men.

The episodes include comments by the real men of Easy Company. The DVD editions also include documentaries on the historical aspects behind the show and extended interviews with the veterans. These features are certainly worthwhile for those interested in WWII.

Melanie
07-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Would this series be appropriate for a 10-11 year old boy? My son loves history and the military. Thanks :) I think the edited version they show on the History Channel would be fine.