PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from DTD to Epcot

septembergirl
07-08-2007, 03:56 PM
For our trip in September, we will be completely dependent on Disney transportation. One afternoon, we have ressies at BBB, then plan to go to our ADR at Epcot. What is the best plan of action to make it on time? Is there direct bus to Epcot from DTD? Will we have to go to a resort first? Should we take a taxi?

Disney Donnie
07-08-2007, 04:01 PM
you will have to take bus to a resort or the TTC then catch the epcot bus.Allow about and hour for these two bus trips.Also taxi is a quicker option if you don't have the time.:mickey:

moe513
07-08-2007, 04:03 PM
We often use a taxi if it involves 2 forms of transportation. You could take the first resort bus you see and then from there take their epcot bus. Or get the bc/yc bus and walk from there thru the international gateway.

EvilQueen2006
07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Make sure you allow plenty of time. The resort buses can be very unpredictable. I was at DTD with my party of 4, we were heading to AK. Two of us decided to go back to our resort to get some long sleeve shirts. The plan was to meet up outside the Finding Nemo show. The two other members got the first bus resort that arrived. (I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was Port Orleans). We waited for a Pop Century bus. We went to our room, got our shirts and then got back on a bus to AK. We made our way to Finding Nemo, and the others had not arrived yet. We called them and their bus had just pulled into AK. So I guess the moral is that you never know how long it could take, so give yourself plenty of time.

LoriMistress
07-08-2007, 04:10 PM
The quickest time will be taking the bus from DTD to Disney's Pop Century, and hopping the bus to Epcot. It will take an average of 38-58 minutes depending if there is a long wait for DTD and Pop Century.

septembergirl
07-08-2007, 04:11 PM
We often use a taxi if it involves 2 forms of transportation. You could take the first resort bus you see and then from there take their epcot bus. Or get the bc/yc bus and walk from there thru the international gateway.

I have never been to either of these resorts. How much walking will be required to get to Akershus from one of these resorts? I will have 4 kids with me including DD3.

Piglet822
07-08-2007, 05:22 PM
The Beach Club and the Boardwalk are the two closest resorts to Epcot.
From those resorts to the International Gateway entrance of Epcot is probably about 15 minutes, give or take. I'm taking into account the children so it could be a longer walk for you. Even if you were to take a taxi to Epcot you'll still have to walk thru Future World to get to the countries.
Once you enter the park you'll have about a 15 - 20 minute walk to Norway. Again time will vary for you according to how quickly the children are walking. Will you have a stroller for your DD?

septembergirl
07-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Again time will vary for you according to how quickly the children are walking. Will you have a stroller for your DD?

We will probably be renting but may have an umbrella stroller for the airport/resort.
Sounds like about a 30 minute walk that way - give or take. I actually need to enter through Future now that I think about it because we were going to try to do the Visa Photo Op so maybe the TTC would be a better option.
You say there's a bus from there to Epcot or monorail?

DisneyDudet
07-08-2007, 06:49 PM
I believe there is a bus to TTC from DTD. It may just be one way, I'm not sure, but there are DTD buses that are at the TTC, so they at least GO to DTD, not so sure about coming back.

I would suggest, if they have a TTC bus, to head that way, then its one monorail ride to Epcot, and the Epcot station is right outside the entrance (while bus stops are a smidge of a hike).

If they do NOT have a TTC bus from DTD, you can head to any resort (except Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach Clubs and Swan/Dolphin) and then get the Epcot bus from those resorts. The MK resorts will have a monorail to TTC, then transfer Monorail to Epcot (which could essentially take you even longer b/c of so many transfers). Your best bet is a Port Orleans or OKW bus. They seem to have the best access to Epcot.

I hope I wasn't too confusing!!

Piglet822
07-08-2007, 07:55 PM
I actually need to enter through Future now that I think about it because we were going to try to do the Visa Photo Op so maybe the TTC would be a better option.
You say there's a bus from there to Epcot or monorail?

From TTC to Epcot you can take the monorail, but there is no bus to the TTC from DD. I would take the advice of a previous poster and catch a Pop Century or CBR bus, then catch an Epcot bus from there. You could also grab a water taxi down by RFC to either POFQ and POR or OKW and Saratoga Springs. Then grab a bus from one of those resorts.
This link from info central explains how to get around property:

WDW Transportation (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp)