PDA

View Full Version : I'm returning to my WONDERFUL former job!

Donalds Duckie
07-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I am so excited I just had to share with you all before I burst! And, boy, does it ever feel good to be back among you all.:cloud9:

I have been blessed with the opportunity to return to the wonderful job I left in June 2005 to pursue a "great career opportunity." I have regretted my decision to leave a perfectly wonderful job since the first day of the "great career opportunity." I have to tell you, that is a very unpleasant feeling. I've even have had to cancel a couple of Disney trips due to my job. One last December the night before departure after checking in for my flight the next morning!:(

A couple of weeks ago I decided I'd had enough with my current position, updated my resume, contacted a search company, and went home to California for a weekend to see my son and daughter-in-law before beginning the search for a new job. As I woke up that Monday morning, June 25, I dreaded beginning the job search but knew I had no choice if I was to keep my sanity.

Well, imagine my total shock and surprise that morning when a friend and former co-worker at the wonderful firm I left in 2005 called me to offer me her position because she's leaving. The rest is history and I return to my "Laughing Place" July 16th!

Life seldom gives us a true 2nd chance and I'm happily and thankfully taking it!

Oh, and, get ready Magical Journeys! I'm about to schedule some Disney trips that I'll actually be able to take!!:mickey:

RedSoxFan
07-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Congrats and best wishes on your new job. Very happy for you. And I hope you get your Disney trip in very soon.:mickey:

Jeff
07-08-2007, 01:35 PM
What a relief that must be to you.
Congratulations on the "new job".:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
07-08-2007, 02:34 PM
That sounds great.....

Good luck................

Don't forget to tell us all about it once you get settled in.......

:cop: :tigger:

SBETigg
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Congratulations! It must feel great to go back.

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Well that is wonderful news! Congratulations!

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Congratulations! Having a job you like at a company you like is truly a blessing! :thumbsup:

Christine
07-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Congratulations! You sound so happy! :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
07-08-2007, 05:49 PM
That's great news! Good luck with your return.

little disney lovers
07-08-2007, 05:59 PM
The grass is not always greener, is it? I'm so glad your happy now, that's all that matters - happiness!

Lizzie
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Congratulations!

:congrats:

January-2007
07-09-2007, 03:18 PM
What wonderful news! :congrats:

Donalds Duckie
07-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Thank you everyone for the congrats and well wishes:mickey: It is impossible to articulate how happy and peaceful I am these days.:cloud9:

Well, guess what! I got an email from my soon-to-be HR manager this morning approving a vacation day for me on Tuesday, Sept. 4. Yep! This means I'm going to DisneyWorld! I just emailed Wendy at Magical Journeys to get the ball rolling! I am going to take the 7:15 p.m. flight out after work on Friday, Aug. 31 and return late afternoon, Tuesday, Sept. 4. LOL, these folks at my "new/old" job know well my Disney-mania.:thumbsup:

I'm telling you, when I went back up to the office on 6/28 to sign some papers it was like a time warp. I got off the elevator to the same receptionist and conference room coordinator, saw the same people, got so many hugs I couldn't count 'em, and the same sweet security guard was at the security booth in the lobby and happy called out to me as I walked in. It was incredible! LOL, I pinched myself for more than a week before I believed it was all really happening.:blush:

I even got a call last night from one of the partners that I worked for before and will be working with again. He just wanted to tell me how happy he was I was coming back to work with him.

Nothing in life is PERFECT but being truly happy and treated well at work definitely makes life GOOD!

Again, thanks to all of you for your kind posts. You know what? It feels just as awesome to be back with you all on Intercot planning a Disney trip!:thumbsup:

Horizon93
07-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Congratulations! I guess we should all watch out for those "great career opportunities."

Dsnygirl
07-10-2007, 01:45 AM
:congrats: What a great feeling that must be! I sure hope things go well for you - looks like you were just meant to be there. Keep us posted on how things go, and have fun planning that next trip!! :D

Queen Stephanie
07-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Congrats! Sounds like this story has a happy ending. Just like a Disney movie:mickey:...lol. Good Luck!

vizsla
07-10-2007, 04:10 AM
Congratulations:thumbsup:

Diznee4Me
07-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Congratulations!

Dedivah
07-11-2007, 03:55 PM
:congrats:

faline
07-11-2007, 03:58 PM
It's wonderful to be able to enjoy what you're doing! Glad it's all working out for you!

ImagiAsh
07-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Congratulations!!! :party: It's great to hear you are going back to something you loved so much. We've got to do what we want on this earth in the time that we have. No room to be miserable!:D

tinkerbellybutton
07-11-2007, 04:25 PM
:congrats: How wonderful!!!