PDA

View Full Version : End of Disney Parks/Where Dreams Come True Promos?

DizneyFreak2002
07-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Seems as if Jay Rasulo's globalization of "Disney Parks" will be getting the boot... The Where Dreams Come True slogan will be getting phased out as well... As for Year of One Million Dreams.... Seems like this will end after the initial phase and not extended for another year, as what was being planned...

Jay Rasulo seems to be losing some steam... Not that this is a bad thing.. :)

JPL
07-08-2007, 02:05 PM
The report started on another site saying the YOAMD promotion is ending. It was then changed to the decorations will start coming down at Disneyland. This would make sense since Disneyland unlike WDW decorates for Halloween and then with Christmas around the corner. I also noticed at WDW that alot of the Dream Flags weren't in the best of shape after sitting out in the weather since last September. As for the Campaign ending itself Disney comes up with a new advertising campaign for the parks almost annually so that would make sense too. I wouldn't read too much into this especially considering the original story changed .

Bethanymouse
07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
When is the promotion supposed to end?

JPL
07-08-2007, 02:37 PM
YOAMD is suppose to end on December 31st 2007

BMan62
07-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Any ideas/rumors floating around out there on what the next (2008) promotion/slogan will be?

DizneyFreak2002
07-08-2007, 03:12 PM
YOAMD is suppose to end on December 31st 2007

I am just happy that the DISNEY PARKS branding is now going to be dissolved... Bring back individuality to the parks....

bwgens
07-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I am just happy that the DISNEY PARKS branding is now going to be dissolved... Bring back individuality to the parks....

Not sure what problem you have with the Disney Parks branding. I did, and still do like having the parks looked at as a global unit as opposed to individual parks on a company level. I also don't believe it has hurt any of the parks at all. Just my 2 cents worth

Ian
07-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Funny, I thought the exact opposite. I liked the Disney Parks concept. I always thought (and still do think) that all their theme parks ran far too independently. What you get in WDW is totally different from what's in DL and what's in DLP and what's in TDL ...

It's not good for the company to put so many different faces out there for what should be, at its core, the exact same experience.

DisnIse
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
If this is too far off topic forgive me.

Does anyone know what the plan is for Cinderella's castle suite after the year ends? My Disney Friends and I were thinking it would be so cool if they randomly selected a family each day forever....

Just hoping and wishing that eventually it'd be my turn....

CaptSmee
07-08-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm surprised that they are stopping the global advertising/promotion. It had to have save them money and seemed extremely successful for them. From a business standpoint it was genius. I would hope that Epcot's 25 would be the next celebration, but it almost seems to late for that to be announced.

Figment!
07-09-2007, 12:38 AM
The report started on another site saying the YOAMD promotion is ending. It was then changed to the decorations will start coming down at Disneyland. ... I wouldn't read too much into this especially considering the original story changed .Right, at this point in time anything beyond Disneyland removing Where Dream Come True promotion decorations is a stretch of speculation. Even Disneyland removing the decorations is still just a rumour.

JPL
07-10-2007, 09:38 AM
As Stated earlier don't read too much into it

While the "Where Dreams Come True" banners are coming down- this isn't the end of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion (instead those "Dreams Come True" banners are just going to be replaced with the more silver/blue/cloud style YOMD banners instead and some have already started to go up around the resort area).

Definitely more noticable (and perhaps controversial) though will be the giant YOMD Mickey Ears structure set to go in the middle of the esplanade between Disneyland and DCA.

mickey&missy
07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Has anyone heard a rumor that they may not be stopping at a million dreams and are planning something big for the next 18 months? Prehaps their changing the marketing of it and adding something for Epcot's 25th.

Truthfully, I read it on another site :secret: and don't know how much stock we can put into it.

JPL
07-10-2007, 12:12 PM
All the information about doing anniversary themed promotions seems to be pointing to no more anniversaries with numbers in them since it makes the parks seem old. I think they want a fresh and new image moving forward. Also add to this that all the numbers seem to confuse people when they celebrated 100 years of Magic which focused on Walt people later got confused when HCOE celebrated 50 years of Disney Theme Parks. I even heard some people say but we were here for the 100th celebration and now it's the 50th.

As for Epcot's 25th they are releasing special merchandise and having company celebrations just not a large marketing campaign.

Lizzie
07-10-2007, 12:38 PM
So I should plan on it being year of a million dreams when I am there in September? We didn't see the dream team when I was there in October and I was hoping for another chance.

atruman
07-10-2007, 01:08 PM
As for Epcot's 25th they are releasing special merchandise and having company celebrations just not a large marketing campaign.

I actually just started a new thread about this... looks like that may not be true any more.

mjstaceyuofm
07-11-2007, 11:55 AM
What will they be doing with the Castle Suite once the YOAMD ends?

Also, what about the Dream Fastpasses introduced during this promotion?

It's funny how Disney works up these promotions to get these types of things out there and a part of the vacation/Disney experience so they can become permanent fixtures w/ a fee. Actually it's quite slick and a brilliant business move.

I can just see it now with the press release:

Due to overwhelming demand, the suite in Cinderella’s Castle will be made available to families for a one-night stay as part of the “Night in Cinderella’s Suite” Dream Package. Families will spend one night in Cinderella’s Suite located in Cinderella’s Castle and have a special meet and greet with Cinderella herself followed by a Princess makeover and breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table. (1)

In addition, due to overwhelming favorable responses and guest surveys, “Dream Fastpasses” will now be made available as an add-on to Disney’s Magic Your Way ticket program. (2)

(1) – Price for the “Night in Cinderella’s Suite” is $1,899 per family (limit 5 members) and must be booked in conjunction with a stay at any Disney Luxury or Home Away From Home Resort participants must have valid park passes for both days.
(2) – Price for the “Dream Fastpass” option is $35 per day for the length of the Magic Your Way ticket.

Always read the fine print.... :shake:

GothMickey
07-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Let me add what I heard. I am hearing that YOAMD is going to run through the end of this year. The promotion may stay until the end of next year, but in a different format. However the global grouping of the parks is dead in the water. We'll have to see what Disney says about all this because things seem to change day by day.

Ian
07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
(1) – Price for the “Night in Cinderella’s Suite” is $1,899 per family (limit 5 members) and must be booked in conjunction with a stay at any Disney Luxury or Home Away From Home Resort participants must have valid park passes for both days.I think you vastly underestimate what they'd charge.

The numbers the Dream Squad kept tossing around the day we won was 10 grand a night.

big blue and hairy
07-11-2007, 01:16 PM
I think you vastly underestimate what they'd charge.

The numbers the Dream Squad kept tossing around the day we won was 10 grand a night.
:faint:

Maybe if I won the $100 million Powerball...:spend: Otherwise...no thanks...

:sulley:

mjstaceyuofm
07-11-2007, 01:28 PM
I think you vastly underestimate what they'd charge.

$10k???
YIKES! :eek:

Wait a minute - you won a night in the castle?

Ian
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Wait a minute - you won a night in the castle?Yeah, where the heck have you been????

Mickey91
07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
I do hope they get rid of the stupid Disney Parks thing. I like looking at my receipts and seeing Walt Disney World. I am very sick:ack: of the generic stuff!

snifflesmcg
07-17-2007, 12:53 AM
What will they be doing with the Castle Suite once the YOAMD ends?

Also, what about the Dream Fastpasses introduced during this promotion?

It's funny how Disney works up these promotions to get these types of things out there and a part of the vacation/Disney experience so they can become permanent fixtures w/ a fee. Actually it's quite slick and a brilliant business move.

I can just see it now with the press release:

Due to overwhelming demand, the suite in Cinderella’s Castle will be made available to families for a one-night stay as part of the “Night in Cinderella’s Suite” Dream Package. Families will spend one night in Cinderella’s Suite located in Cinderella’s Castle and have a special meet and greet with Cinderella herself followed by a Princess makeover and breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table. (1)

In addition, due to overwhelming favorable responses and guest surveys, “Dream Fastpasses” will now be made available as an add-on to Disney’s Magic Your Way ticket program. (2)

(1) – Price for the “Night in Cinderella’s Suite” is $1,899 per family (limit 5 members) and must be booked in conjunction with a stay at any Disney Luxury or Home Away From Home Resort participants must have valid park passes for both days.
(2) – Price for the “Dream Fastpass” option is $35 per day for the length of the Magic Your Way ticket.

Always read the fine print.... :shake:

Ha ha!! That's funny but I agree, that *$1,899 isn't even close! You know what? SOMEBODY is going to read this and think it's real and try to book this package. I could just imagine that one! :laughing:

YellowXterra
07-17-2007, 08:21 PM
First off let me state that I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour this past June. The room rate cash value for Cindy's place is $595 a night. Something to do with TAX laws. Second the tour guide said they were kicking around the ideal of letting "Make a Wish" kids stay there.

The most $$$$ room on Disney property is the Roy O Disney suite at the GF. $5900 per night! Ouch