PDA

View Full Version : September Crowds

AllDisney
07-08-2007, 12:20 PM
This will be our first visit to WDW in September. This will also be our first time taking advantage of the free dining plan too!

Besides the obvious that it will be hot & humid, what are the crowds like this time of year? How long are the average waits for EE, ToT etc.?
We will be there Sept.1-8th. Can you compare the wait times to another time if year i.e. end of October or end of February?

Thanks for you input in advance.

chick20679
07-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I'd love to know this answer to this as well!!
This will be our first time checking out September, and I've read that the crowds are still pretty low (even with free dining?). I look forward to seeing the responses!!:thumbsup:

Gottaluvgoof
07-08-2007, 03:43 PM
I was there in September 2005. It was WONDERFUL! There were no lines at all except for Soarin. Everest wasn't finished at the time. Space M and Splash M had no lines at all. The CM actually asked us if we wanted to stay on Splash over and over. We had done almost the entire MK by 1:00, with using the LOEMH. I don't know about Labor Day, because we went the 14th through the 20th. I am going again this year the 7th through the 12th. Can't wait! Gotta luv the free dining plan! :mickey:

Disney Donnie
07-08-2007, 03:55 PM
September is one of our favorite times.Waits are generally half to a third the wait times in summer.However I have found that the week after labor day until the end of the month are the least crowded times for the month. Most rides little or no wait,and the most popular like EE 30min usually less and TOT 10 min or less.:mickey:

mulderxcoltrane
07-08-2007, 04:52 PM
The parks normally clear out for the most part after Labor Day (at least they did last year). You'll be hard pressed (in my exeprience) to find a line longer than 20 minutes for most of the premiere attractions.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-08-2007, 07:50 PM
We have gone to WDW the past ten years in September. :thumbsup:

FD does bring in more people than the "normal" September crowds but, the wait times are minimal if at all. The restaurants will be very busy but, the parks are great.

Last year was a little busier than the first year of FD so I am thinking this year might be a little busier as well.

Put it this way...Since we joined DVC we can no longer get Free Dining but are still going during that time period this year. We will be there 9/13-9/22.

HTH :mickey:

Zippy_D_DooDah
07-08-2007, 08:16 PM
We are there September 8 - 14. I am hoping it will be like I have read, less crowded. I'm also interested to see how the Little One's Extra Magic Hour works. I have 2 DD (3 and 1) and can't wait to take them to this. This is our first September trip and my wife are counting down the days. I know we are two months out, but we have already started packing.:D

On a September sidenote, has anyone attended any of the concerts that happen during this time? Is it difficult to get in?

jszczur5
07-12-2007, 05:26 PM
We have gone to Disney in September in '06 & '05, and have found the wait times in many cases to be negligible. Last year, my mother lost her hotel room key/parks admission card on the tram on the way to MGM. While she was at guest services getting a new one, we rode ToT 4 times. Last year we never waited longer than 20 minutes for any attraction, with the exception of the EME at MK on the Sunday before Labour Day. The wait, in the pouring rain mind you, was 100 minutes for Space Mountain that night. We went to Stitch (no wait), Buzz Lightyear (10 minutes) and Philharmagic (no wait) instead.
The weather can be quite hot and humid that time of year, but usually cools off nicely after the rain. And yes, it rains almost every day in late August/early September.
Table Service restaurants are very crowded due to free DDP, so make yur ADR's early. That being said, our Spirit of Aloha luau was cancelled last year due to Hurricane Ernesto, and we found ourselves with 2 extra TS meals to book. We had no trouble booking two days forward for Chef Mickey's and waited 20 minutes as a walk-up for the Rose and Crown that very night.

AllDisney
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded,especially jszcur5. That was a lot of VERY useful information!

48 days & counting:mickey:

E-OR
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Jszczur5 we have been several times when it would be nice and a rain shower would blow through but 20 minutes later it was nice again. Is that what you mean by raining every day. We will be there Sept. 15-23. We have also been once in June and it was horrible rain almost everyday and all day. We were told by some local people that it was an unusualy wet June. I like it when there is a bit of rain to cool things down, but the continual rain was a bummer!

Lizzie
07-13-2007, 11:49 AM
I am so excited for my first September trip! Hope its like everyone says and I hope its not raining the entire time.

Figgyluv03
07-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Labor Day weekend is pretty busy, but as soon as that Tuesday hits, it's like a ghost town! I noticed a huge change the week after Labor Day. I think was the only person in Muppet Vision 3d the day after Labor Day.

cmay0507
07-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi I went last September (25th to 1st), the weather was beautiful in the high 80's and it only rained 1 day for about 15 minutes. Most days we walked on most rides and if we had a wait it was usually 10 minutes or less (a few exceptions) and we went during free dining :cloud9:. The only crowds we really encountered were in the restaurants but we were seated right away with our ADR's with the exception of Chef Mickey's we waited like 10 minutes!! We had a great time it was our First Trip Ever to Disney and we are going again this year (20 - 27th). The only thing I did not like (well my daughter did not like) were all the love bugs EVERYWHERE!! We did have a great time only 69 days until I am there again, can't wait!!

jszczur5
07-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Note to E-Or-
We had a lot of rain during our trip last year (Aug. 27-Sept.6), more so than any other visit. It was somewhat disappointing, as we had taken my parents (their first visit in almost 20 years), and ended up spending a lot of time wearing ponchos in the pouring rain. Most of the rain was in the evening, as opposed to the summer afternoon showers which do, indeed, blow over in 20 minutes.
In '05, we were at Disney during Hurricane/Tropical Storm: Katrina, Lee, Maria, Nate and Ophelia, and overall had way better weather than we did last year. It's just the luck of the draw, I guess.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-13-2007, 10:50 PM
I am so excited for my first September trip! Hope its like everyone says and I hope its not raining the entire time.

We go every year in September. One year we had a lot of rain, most of the trip. Every other year it is a passing shower and then nice again.

Last year it rained all of one day we were there. It was our Epcot day so no biggie. It rained lightly in the afternoon at AK and the rest of the trip was beautiful.

The rain has never stopped us or put a damper on our trips. The showers are quick and actually a little welcome with the heat.

I am sure that can change, this is just how it has been for us. ;)

FlaTinkRAMESAM
07-13-2007, 11:34 PM
By Sept, the daily afternoon rain showers (monsoons...lol) are much more spread out and not nearly as torrential. The temp is quite a bit cooler (about 10 degrees) than it is right now (but keep in mind it will still be in the mid 80s--which to us Floridians is mild!). I love going in September because school has usually just started or is only a month or so in for most kids (around here start times are in mid August) and families aren't really into pulling their kids out that close to the beginning of the year. That doesn't mean all of them do. heh. me and my little one are going to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for 2 nights (9/18-20) just to get away while the parks aren't crazy.

snifflesmcg
07-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Table Service restaurants are very crowded due to free DDP, so make yur ADR's early. That being said, our Spirit of Aloha luau was cancelled last year due to Hurricane Ernesto, and we found ourselves with 2 extra TS meals to book.
That reminds me. Maybe I should book a TS for that night as a "just in case".

Hi I went last September (25th to 1st), the weather was beautiful in the high 80's and it only rained 1 day for about 15 minutes.
We were there the exact same dates. I remember that one rainstorm. I was coming of the Kali River Rapids. Since I was already wet, I didn't run to the bus......I was DRENCHED!! Head to toe. It was cool though. We left AK, went to the hotel, showered and off to DTD we went.

Clotho
07-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Y'know, I would expect immediately after Labor Day to be more mellow, but I just called today for some ADR's on Tuesday through the end of the week (we have all ours, but were looking to do some shifting), and NOTHING was available. I was even up for late night reservations, but there was nothing. Granted, at popular places, but still...

I know this is due to DDP, but DDP also indicates a lot to do about crowds. I know the board BUZZ about the DDP this year seemed really high==lots of anticipation and people waiting to make plans until it was released, and then a mad dash. I suspect this year might be busier than in past years.

But that said, I think it will still be lighter than many times of the year...if not hotter! :)

MushuGrl
07-14-2007, 01:36 PM
This all sounds SO good! This will be my first September trip as well, from Sept 9-15. We usually go in June so are use to the rain (my very first trip? It rained the ENTIRE week except for one day..and by rain I mean an all day, steady rain, not pop up showers. We so got initiated. :blush: )