PDA

View Full Version : Is Dining Plan a good value/good at DD

dreamofspain
07-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi,we've never done the dining plan so we're wondering if it's a good value for my husband and I. Are any restaurants in DD available on the plan? what about the fantasmic package?

Tygger7
07-08-2007, 01:02 PM
IMHO, the dining plan is always a great value. However, you can see how much it will save you by using the tools here on Intercot. I believe it's under Info Central. There's a dining plan cost estimator, and there's also a complete listing of all the DDP restaurants. I know there are several at DD...in fact, we're going to do Cap'n Jacks on the dining plan during our next visit.

As for the Fantasmic Dinner Package, I found out about it here on Intercot (thanks everyone!). In summary, you make a reservation at a select MGM Studio restaurant and request the Fantasmic Dinner pkg. You then get passes for preferred seating for the Fantasmic show. The reserved seats are off to the left (I believe), but from my experiences, every seat is good in the theater. Best part is that you can go right in and sit down...no standing in line for hours waiting to get in.

If you have trouble finding any of this info, let me know and I'll find the exact locations and post them for you.:tigger:

snifflesmcg
07-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Yes, I belive the DDP is a great value. If you added up what you'd spend, you are saving quite a bit. Yes, the Fantasmic package is included. No, not all of the restaurants take the DDP but MOST do. Very few do not. Best way to find out if one is or is not is to either check the actual Disney website. Under each of the restaurants, if it says "Disney Dining Plan available" then you are good. Be careful though, some of them require 2 table service credits. The other thing you can do is just ask us!

dreamofspain
07-08-2007, 01:33 PM
As always, the information is helpful and informative! thanks so much...will check the particulars at info central but sounds like it will save us money and get us some great meals!:):mickey:

DisneyDreams09
07-08-2007, 01:55 PM
We ate at a couple different restaurants in DTD, one was captain jacks, which is only one table service, it was excellent, the earl of sandwich, counter-service, good also, and I think Fulton's which was two table service credits. Hope this helps!

mainemajor
07-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Planet hollywood located at disney's west side is included, too

EvilQueen2006
07-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Wolfgang Puck Cafe :thumbsup: