PDA

View Full Version : "Where Dreams Come True" decor will be removed from Disneyland this week

bfbulldog
07-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Miceage-Al Lutz states:

7/7: Lucky us! Breaking news: The "Where Dreams Come True" decor (flags, banners) will begin to be removed from Disneyland beginning this week. Consider it a early Anniversary present from Mr. Lasseter. More to come later after 7/11. - Al Lutz

Take from it what you will, hopefully the parks will be reverting back to their original distinct identities and the globalization of the parks is dead. DL returns to "The happiest place on earth"

Here's hoping

TinkRocks
07-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I would like to get my hands on one of the translucent flags that were in the flower beds...

TheRustyScupper
07-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Take from it what you will, hopefully the parks will be reverting back to their original distinct identities and the globalization of the parks is dead. DL returns to "The happiest place on earth"

1) Good to hear.
2) Let's get back to individuality and uniqueness.

DoomBuggyDude
07-08-2007, 03:16 PM
It will be interesting to see what the outcome
will be from all of this. :mickey:

In the mean time, there's a salt shaker over
on the table should you be so inclined. :thumbsup:

ChipDale
07-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Here's hoping

I agree! I hate this "Disney Parks" garbage! :down:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
07-09-2007, 05:19 PM
So happy to hear this news.

Means I will be at the park again sooner rather than later. Really didn't care at all for this "campaign".

Mufasa
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
While the "Where Dreams Come True" banners are coming down- this isn't the end of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion (instead those "Dreams Come True" banners are just going to be replaced with the more silver/blue/cloud style YOMD banners instead and some have already started to go up around the resort area).

Definitely more noticable (and perhaps controversial) though will be the giant YOMD Mickey Ears structure set to go in the middle of the esplanade between Disneyland and DCA.

JPL
07-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the info Mufasa :thumbsup:

Disney Babe
07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Does that mean that the giant letters spelling California will be going away?

Mufasa
07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Does that mean that the giant letters spelling California will be going away?

The letters won't be affected by this- the giant mickey ears would be positioned where the compass rose sits in the middle of the esplanade.

I suppose there have been stranger things up around the resort- the huge inflatable Chicken Little head they had up for a while was pretty freaky.

BrerGnat
07-09-2007, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't mind the giant YOMD Mickey ears sculpture if that meant I would ACTUALLY win SOMEthing. ;) Seriously, I practically LIVE at the DLR...hardly even see the dream squad.

I think the coolest thing they ever had in the Esplanade was those Honda Civics during the Space Mountain/Honda giveaway!

I will reserve judgment on the Mickey head...I'm sure it will be delightfully tacky, though. Just a guess...

Melanie
07-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Definitely more noticable (and perhaps controversial) though will be the giant YOMD Mickey Ears structure set to go in the middle of the esplanade between Disneyland and DCA.

Any idea on a date this will be in place, Mufasa?

NotaGeek
07-10-2007, 01:07 AM
The letters won't be affected by this- the giant mickey ears would be positioned where the compass rose sits in the middle of the esplanade.

I suppose there have been stranger things up around the resort- the huge inflatable Chicken Little head they had up for a while was pretty freaky.

If only someone would spring for a HUGE fountain of a Chicken Little Head to adorn the middle of the Esplanade!! :mickey:

SebastiansDisneyMama
07-10-2007, 07:05 AM
For a minute there I thought the dream was over!

WDWizard
07-10-2007, 12:22 PM
A giant pair of YOMD mickey ears in the esplanade? This is worse than WDW's monorails with the Year of a Million Dreams graffiti junk.:ack: I liked DLR's existing Where Dreams Come True decorations. From what I've seen, it wasn't as bad as the decorations at WDW.