PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Spots in the Parks

BigT1ggerFan
07-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Heading to Disney in late september with the soon to be Mrs. T1ggerFan on our honeymoon and wanted to ask if there are any recommendations for Romatic spots in the parks?

Christine
07-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Welcome to Intercot, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

In my opinion, the most romantic spots in the parks to sit, hold hands, and get away from it all would be:

Magic Kingdom: The fountain in the back walkway behind the castle

MGM: a nice cozy table at the Brown Derby

EPCOT: the English garden

Animal Kingdom: One of the many trails off the beaten path

I hope you have a lovely trip! Congratulations!!

OogieBoogieMan
07-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Champagne in France near the fountains.

Disneyfun
07-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!!

One of the most romantic places in all of the parks for me is the Rose Garden at MK near the castle! I have shot roll after roll (if I were using traditional film that is...) of my wife with the roses - they are almost as beautiful as she is!

Then, I would have to say that the koi ponds at the Japan pavillion in EPCOT with all of the wonderful themeing!

Call me strange, but I have always thought of Tower of Terror as a nice romantic spot....well, good for snuggling the wife in anticipation of that drop!! :blush:

Watching the Water Parade from the beach at either the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian is also HIGHLY romantic.

The all time most romantic spot for me and the wife will always be the California Grill with a window table during Wishes at MK. The way the put everything on hold, turn down the lights, and pipe in the music - just pure magic!

Figaro0826
07-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Congradulations!:thumbsup:
My DH and I went to Disney on our honeymoon last August, stayed at POR. Coming back for 1st Anniversary at WL.

Our three favorite romantic things we did together was:
1.Grand Floridian Spa
Couple Message
2.Grand Floridian
Afternoon tea ( can get champagne and strawberries)
3. Fort Wilderness Campground
Horse back Riding.

Remember to get your free "wedding button" at the guest services at any of the parks, every cast member noticed and took a moment to congradulate us.

You will have a wonderful time .....:cloud9:

Clotho
07-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Cuddling on the beach at the Poly watching the fireworks and the electrical water pageant!

BigT1ggerFan
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
I plan to use as many as I can fit into my time there!!

Thanks

SBETigg
07-08-2007, 04:09 PM
A lot of the rides can be very romantic. The dark ones, with seats together for two, like Haunted Mansion, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, and Spaceship Earth. And Pirates of the Caribbean, especially if you can get a boat to yourselves (as we managed on our Disney honeymoon- sooo romantic!).

The Grand Floridian beach at night is more romantic than the Polynesian beach for us, fewer families out and about, but the Poly wins for fireworks view.

jwallace378
07-08-2007, 05:17 PM
A private pontoon boat watching Wishes from the lake in front of Magic Kingdom

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
My most romantic spots --

Grand Floridian Afternoon tea -- there's something terribly attractive about a man who is willing to sip tea and eat crumpets with you...

Top of Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse -- very secluded, nice view, and usually empty :thumbsup:

Strolling through the World Showcase shops and gardens. Sipping wine in France, buying her a $250 sweater in Norway (oops, wait, that's me...), having a mid day margarita at San Angel, sharing a plate of pasta in Italy, *sigh* so many possibilities at Epcot

Illuminations Cruise

Gift Baskets delivered to your room

You might want to do an internet search on Disney Honeymoons. I remember coming across a site about a year ago that had the most wonderful deliveries you could make to the rooms.

Congratulations, Disney is a great way to start out the real magic....

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Found this page with phone numbers for what Disney offers -- the on beach dinner for two sounded the best to me!

Dinner is served aboard your private yacht at sunset. Soon after, fireworks dance across the night sky as you and your beloved sip champagne? a luxurious massage for two in a Victorian summer house? dinner at sunset on a beach overlooking a gorgeous wedding pavilion: Would you believe you can experience all these romantic adventures during your visit to Walt Disney World in Orlando? Your idea of a romantic getaway may not include a meeting with Mickey Mouse, but before you rule out Disney, take a look at the resort?s romantic side.

Known as the number 1 honeymoon destination in the U.S., the magic begins the moment you check in to one of their hotels. Divided into categories, you?ll find deluxe, moderate, value, and home-away-from-home accommodations.

Secluded Spa Treatments
For couples wishing to indulge in spa treatments together, Disney?s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers a special "Couples Room." Here you can sink into relaxation via a massage, facial, or other luxurious treatment. For more information, call the spa at (407) 824-2332.

A Private Sunset Cruise Aboard the Grand 1 Yacht
Surprise your sweetie with an intimate dinner at sunset, served aboard the 44-foot Grand 1 Yacht. This VIP experience on the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon near the Magic Kingdom is the ultimate luxury. The Grand Floridian private-dining staff can provide culinary sensations such as caviar, fresh fruit, a gourmet dinner, sumptuous pastries, and fine wines. A personal butler is onboard at all times to cater to your every need. And, if you time it right, you?ll be on the water as the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks extravaganza expodes over Cinderella Castle. The voyage is $300 per hour including charter fee, boat captain, and deckhand. Dining and butler service are an additional fee. To book this romantic cruise, call (407) 824-2439.

Romantic Cruises and Speed-Demon Adventures
Maybe a 1930s runabout is more your style style? Then come aboard the Breathless ? an antique ChrisCraft speedboat ? and enjoy a fun-filled afternoon adventure or an evening drenched in moonlight, champagne, and fireworks. Afternoon 10-minute excursions are about $25, and half-hour cruises are $70 for up to seven people. For $175, up to seven guests can take a V.I.P. Fireworks Cruise (45 to 50 minutes) for an exhilarating, one-of-a-kind view of "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth." The craft travels across Crescent Lake to Epcot for the nightly fireworks, sound, and laser show. Reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance by calling (407) 824-2621.

Dinner on the Beach
Don?t want to spend the evening in a noisy restaurant with a bunch of kids? Instead, Disney?s Grand Floridian can prepare a romantic gourmet meal for two and serve it under the stars at a private table set on the beach overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon. To make a reservation, call (407) WDW-DINE.

In-Park Romance Photo Shoot
Want to capture your memories of Disney World on film? A photographer from Disney?s Photographic Services will take you around the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, or the resort of your vhoice on your own private photo shoot! Images of surprise meetings with Disney Characters, buying balloons on Hollywood Boulevard, holding hands in France, or kissing at Cinderella?s Castle are a few of the photographic possibilities. In-park photo sessions are scheduled before the parks opens to the public. You can even wear your wedding gown! Included in the package are twenty color photographs in an album with Cinderella?s Castle on the cover. The price is about $300. To arrange for your photo shoot, call Disney?s Photographic Services at (407) 827-5029.

These are just a few of the special events Walt Disney World has cooked up for those in love. For more ideas or to book a romantic vacation or honeymoon at Walt Disney World, call (407) W-DISNEY or visit your travel agent.

dolphinmickey9170
07-14-2007, 08:56 PM
A private pontoon boat watching Wishes from the lake in front of Magic Kingdom

This is my recommendation too. We did this immediately after our wedding ceremony at the Polynesian Pointe and it was incredibly romantic. I highly encourage you to do this one.

Congrats.........Have a great time.

LovinWDW
07-15-2007, 12:10 AM
I also have to vote for the MK fireworks cruise. Very romantic:blush:

GhostHost999
07-15-2007, 02:57 AM
I know that this might not sound like much, but a balcony on the Magic Kingdom side of the Contemporary tower can be a very romantic place, with a nice view of the castle, especially during the fireworks show.