PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Heels?

DisneyCrazyET
07-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Once my DH starts wearing his Crocs or sandals his heels split up on him. He has been putting A & D and wrapping them.
Any suggestions on what may work?
Thanks

SBETigg
07-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes! Look for Zim's Crack Cream. I found it at Bed and Bath, but they probably have it at drug stores and other retailers. I get cracked, chapped fingers and it penetrates down deep into the dry cracks and heals them fast. It's wonderful stuff. It sprays on and has a slightly oily texture, plus it has a slight herbal smell. But it works!

Donald A
07-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Try an over the counter heel balm like flexitol heel balm. If that doesn't work, a podiatrist can prescribe something stronger.

Beast_fanatic
07-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Vaseline works great! It has worked better for me than any other heal balm.

crazypoohbear
07-07-2007, 10:28 PM
I use to buy Udder balm for my husband, he worked with concrete and his hands were very cracked, dried out and just plain gross. THey cracked and bled because the chemicals in the concrete was so harsh.
It is what farmers used on cow teats to prevent cracking . tell him to slather it on, and wear white cotton socks to bed. Do this for about a week straight. then once it is "cured" make sure he still does this weekly to keep his heels moisturized.

sassafras
07-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Bath and Bodyworks has a great product called Lay It On Thick.(part of their True Blue Spa line). It's an intense moisture body cream with shea butter. I had a problem with my heals cracking open continually (something of a norm if you're diabetic); started using this after my shower every day and they haven't cracked open in the last year and a half. It's like $15 dollars a tube, but well worth it. You might have him give that a try!!!

kakn7294
07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Sometimes dry, cracked feet aren't the result of just dry skin - sometimes they are the result of athlete's foot. If dry skin treatments alone aren't working, consider adding lotrimin cream (the generic at Walmart, etc works just as well as the "name-brands") to the mix.

Lily
07-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I want to recommend Flexitol's Heel Balm, too. Apply at bed time, then put on socks. Also apply in the morning before putting on socks and shoes. Within two weeks, my cracked heels were healed! It softens the skin so much that the cracks have a chance to actually mend. They can't be repaired while the skin is really dry.

Flower
07-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Zim's is awesome and so is Bath & Body Works-they have quite a few different foot creams. I have also had success with Crabtree & Evelyn. My feet crack every winter.

Caroleh
07-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I've had cracked heels all my life. My mother also had them and now my DD has them. I never gave it any thought, it was part of life..now that I know there's products out there, I'm going to look for something. My cracks get so deep sometimes that they bled, so if I can get rid of them, I'll be doing the happy dance!!!

Flower, where do you get Zim's up here? Or I'll be taking a trip to Buffalo!!!

Donald A
07-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Sometimes dry, cracked feet aren't the result of just dry skin - sometimes they are the result of athlete's foot. If dry skin treatments alone aren't working, consider adding lotrimin cream (the generic at Walmart, etc works just as well as the "name-brands") to the mix.

Kathy, makes a great point. There can often be an underlying athlete's foot (or tinea) infection. Athlete's foot is not always just between the toes.

Flower
07-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Flower, where do you get Zim's up here? Or I'll be taking a trip to Buffalo!!!

Head south Baby! I bought mine in Florida...