jedigrrrl
07-07-2007, 05:36 PM
WOO!
Cast:

Me- Ivis
Husband- Adriel
Brother- Kenny
His Girlfriend- Laura

We go to WDW 3-5 times a year and LOVED many aspects of Disneyland much more than at WDW. We had such a blast!! We all loved how close everything was and did not mind that the city was right outside. Once we were INSIDE, the outside world disappeared. It was awesome not to have to wait for a bus!

We arrived at the Grand Californian and it was love at first sight. We never stay in Deluxe hotels in WDW, but it was worth it in Disneyland. Our standard room was huge, with a balcony overlooking the monorail track.

This was a family trip to Cali and it was 8 of us. Only 4 of us were staying in Disney, though. My parents and brother were going to drive up the Pacific Coast Highway and met us in San Francisco in 3 days.

When my family met us at the GC hotel, they all wanted to take a day trip to Los Angeles. We had only purchased 2-day tickets, but once we were inside Disney, My husband and I did not want to go anywhere else. Everyone else left and the 2 of us upgraded our tickets to 3-days and hit the California Adventure. Since Kenny and Laura were not with us, we didn't want to go to Disneyland yet.

We loved our private entrance! We got fastpasses to Grizzly River Run because the wait was long due to the hot weather. We had 3 hours til it was up so we took it slow and explored the park. We rode the smaller rides in the Paradise Pier part of the park and really LOVED the Maliboomer. Then we relaxed and had a beer in the Pacific Wharf area. Then we watched the Block Party Bash, which was lots of fun.
Then came the best part of my day: The Tower of Terror! And it did not disappoint!! I loved it and rode it twice. As good as WDW. The park was closing at 7pm and it was time for our fastpass. Grizzly River Run puts Kali River Rapids to shame! It was so much faster, longer, and wetter! We were soaked! Thankfully, we were back in our hotel room within 10 minutes!! . . .the beauty of close proximities and private entrances.

Later, we explored Downtown Disney, which we also really liked. We had awesome pizza at Napolini and just walked around. My brother and Laura met us there after their L.A. excursion, which didn't sound as fun as our day at the California Adventure.

That night we planned to arrive at Disneyland early the next morning and try and get on Nemo.... HA! we were mistaken!

To be Cont . . .

I really intended to write the entire trip report now, but the Beastie Boys just hit the stage at Live Earth and I am excited to see them, LOL.

Lucille
07-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Great trip report! I can't wait to read more.

tinkwest
07-08-2007, 10:37 AM
... did not mind that the city was right outside. Once we were INSIDE, the outside world disappeared.
My feelings exactly!!

...Grizzly River Run ... We were soaked! Thankfully, we were back in our hotel room within 10 minutes!!
One of the best reasons to stay at the GCH!!

Glad you decided to spend a day at DCA. It is such a relaxing park.

Looking forward to reading about the rest of your adventures.

Lizzie
07-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a great day. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

ChipnDaleGal
07-11-2007, 08:57 AM
I am so glad that the charm and magic of Disneyland was so obvious to you and your husband. Sounds like you had a great time during your day at DCA. Thank you for sharing it with us! :mickey:

NotaGeek
07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the report! Can't wait for the rest!