PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe Clam Bake

Wrigley
07-07-2007, 04:39 PM
We are thinking of eating at the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake on our next trip. My DH LOVES seafood so I know he will enjoy the meal. I, on the other hand, can't stand seafood. So, for those of you who have eaten there, is there food other than seafood on the buffet? What are your opinions on this dining experience??:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I was wondering that too, and the menu didn't look very promising. So we decided on Narcoosees instead, because the menu is more varied (it's 2 TS however)

Dznygrl79
07-07-2007, 05:21 PM
My Dh hates sea food and I love it! But we both ate happily at Cape May. The focus is sea food however there is a land lubbers side of the buffett. I remember there being chicken and some type of carved meat, plenty of veggies and sides. The deserts are wonderful espcially the oreo bon bons!

tink'72
07-07-2007, 06:33 PM
I hate seafood and my DH LOVES seafood and this is one of OUR favorite places to eat! They have a very good selection of everything. My only comment would be, the last time we were there (april '07) there were no mussels in the mussel shells??? When my husband asked the server he said that tends to happen. Because they are steamed the meat falls out of the shells and sits in the bottom of the bowl. So my suggestion would be take from the bottom of the bowl!
Other than that we all love it there!

MickeyMousse
07-07-2007, 08:14 PM
I am not a seafood person, DH is. The last time we ate there they offered mussels and some kind of fish....I was happy with the prime rib station...but they also offered chicken, pasta, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, salads....you both will definitely find something you'll like. Oh, and the desserts...OH MY!:cloud9:

DVC2004
07-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I was there a few weeks ago. There were barbecued ribs and carved prime rib. Also cornbread and other sides. The kids buffet has chicken fingers, too, if all else fails. I enjoyed it, bt then again I like clams.:thumbsup:

pooh0601
07-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I love seafood, my DW hates seafood.
Cape May is our FAVORITE for dinner at WDW. We've dined at Narcoossee's before. And while the ambience and food is very good, you get a better bang for your buck at Cape May. There are PLENTY of choices for non-seafood lovers, in fact, the only "seafood" that I eat from there is usually the Clams, Peel-n-Eat Shrimp, and Clam Chowder. Everything else I eat is from land! :)

Maybe this will help...
Sample Menu

SOUPS
New England Clam Chowder
Cape May's Tomato Bisque with Basil

CARVING STATION
Hand-Carved Prime Rib of Beef with au jus and horseradish cream

SALADS
Mixed Lettuce with Dressing and Condiments
Casear Salad
Broccoli Salad
Potato Salad
Ambrosia
Seafood Salad
Cole Slaw

AMERICAN SIDE OF BUFFET
Smoked BBQ Pork Ribs
Mashed Red Skinned Potatoes
Chef's Vegetable Selection
Steamed Corn on the Cob
Pasta du Jour
Steamed Red Bliss Potatoes

SEAFOOD SIDE OF BUFFET
Farm Raised Clams with Garlic Butter
Prince Edward Island Sound Mussels with Roasted Tomato Butter
Seasonal Fish du Jour
Steamed Peel & Eat Shrimp

CHILDREN'S BUFFET
Macaroni & Cheese
Mini Hot Dogs
Crispy Fish Nuggets
Fried Chicken Strips

DESSERT BAR
An Array of Assorted Desserts
like key lime pie, assorted cookies, brownies, peanut butter bars,
chocolate cake, Oreo bon bons, flan, cheesecake and cupcakes

Belle--86
07-09-2007, 12:54 AM
We have added this to one of our favorites-- even though we are from NewEngland and you can't beat our seafood here it's very close. The whole family enjoys it-- and it reminds of home.:)

January-2007
07-09-2007, 11:48 AM
As most everyone has already stated, there is plenty on the buffet for the non-seafood lover. My favorite non-seafood foods on the buffet were the mashed potatoes, steak, and rolls. They even had fries, and they were good. And key lime mini tarts. We really enjoyed our dinner here last month.