PDA

View Full Version : Crowds: 4th of July vs. New Year'e Eve

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok, we've done New Year's Eve at WDW several times and now we are thinking it would be fun to be there for the 4th of July (and my b-day on the 5th).
Other than the obvious fact that it is a lot hotter in July, how do the crowds compare?

In the past we've heard that July 4th is the 2nd busiest day of the year at WDW.

What do you folks think???

WDWdreamer87
07-09-2007, 02:29 AM
First off, happy late birthday!

I just wanted to say that I went down to Disney on the 5th, and it was not the crowded. Perhaps going the day after the 4th is a good idea. Also, I think a major contributing factor of it not being as crowded is that the 4th was not on a weekend.

Hope this helps!

-Monica

bethsmith
07-09-2007, 07:43 AM
We have been to WDW a couple of times on 4h of July week. It is always very busy on the 4th and very slow on the 5th. Crowds on the 6th both times started to pick up again and by the end of the week it was back to crazy.
And it's HOT HOT HOT.
But who thinks aobut that when you're in the Disney Bubble, right?

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Thank you, ladies.
Based on your comments, next year probably wouldn't be a good time to do it.
The 4th will be on Friday, so I have a feeling it will stay very crowded all weekend.:crowd:

Maleficent's Dad
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
New Year's Eve is, by far, the most crowded I've ever seen (MK and EPCOT).

We've been to the MK on July 4th, and it was definitely crowded and hot - but nowhere near New Year's Eve.

Keep in mind that the last Fourth of July I went to was 2002 (a mere 10 months after September 11 :crying:). We used to go down a lot more often in July, but with growing crowds, we're now an "August family."

DizneyRox
07-14-2007, 07:45 AM
The 4th is close, but not quite as busy on as NYE in my experience. The heat though is often unbearable for most. I don't think many folks understand quite what 97° and 99% humidity feels like till you've been on Animal Kingdom in July.

Wouldn't trade it for the world though!