PDA

View Full Version : Fun things around Flint, Texas?

Cinderelley
07-07-2007, 03:10 PM
We're heading to Texas for a week at the end of this month. Is anyone familiar with this area? It's me, DH, DD13, DS15, DS17 & DS17.

Christine
07-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Hmmmm...that is a tough one!
Flint is a little less than an hour from me.

Canton weekend (Canton Tradesdays...a HUGE thing around here) is Aug. 2-5 if you will still be here by then. You can do a google search to find more about it. I go quite a bit.

Also, in Canton, there is a waterpark called "Splash Kingdom" which is a Christian owned and operated business.

Tyler has some decent shopping...and a lovely zoo (Caldwell Zoo).

Other than that, Dallas is two hours west, and Shreveport is two hours east.

Have a nice visit!! :cowboy: :cowgirl:

Cinderelley
07-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Splash Kingdom sounds like it is right up our alley. The zoo might be nice too, if it's not too hot. Thanks for the info. One last question for you. Do you know a good place to watch the new Harry Potter movie? My kids are really wanting to do this while we're on vacation.

Christine
07-07-2007, 09:47 PM
I think Tyler would be your best bet for the Harry Potter movie.

I hope you have a good time in our little neck of the woods. Hopefully we'll be through will all of this flooding by the time you get here! :umbrella:

thrillme
07-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Whew...that's a toughie. From the best I can see is Flint is one of those small towns where pretty much everybody knows everybody.

I think your best bet is to head to Dallas. There you'll find so much stuff to do and not nearly enough time to do it all. For me I love Medival Times and Six Flags and the Galleria Mall but there's a lot more stuff to do too. I believe there's also a Dr Pepper Museum and a Wild Life refuge around too. There will DEFINATELY be something for the whole family there. (The kids will love medival times).

Tyler is a bit closer and it has a couple of nice museums.

Cinderelley
07-08-2007, 05:39 AM
For me I love Medival Times

Is that the dinner show where you eat with your hands and they have jousting tournaments? My son went to one in California and loved it. He's been bugging me to go back ever since.

thrillme
07-08-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes ma'me...that's the place. They're all a "little" different but overall...it's the same as the one in California. My DS and I have been to the one in Dallas, Orlando and around Anahiem. We enjoyed them all.

I've also been to a smiliar one in Vegas but it wasn't owned by the Medival Times folks.

Cinderelley
07-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the info. We're getting excited for our trip!

Cinderelley
07-31-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the info you guys. We had a GREAT time!!!