PDA

View Full Version : DDP and kids meals

DisneyLuvnNooks
07-07-2007, 01:43 PM
I was just wondering how it works at food specific restaurants. With the whole resort switching to the same kids meals at all of the restaurants they all serve the same kids meals.

But at certain restaurants, for example Pizzafari, I noticed they do not have a pizza kids meal. With no pizza kids meal, will she still have to get a non pizza kids meal, or can she use her credit for a pizza.

Figment!
07-07-2007, 02:17 PM
With no pizza kids meal, will she still have to get a non pizza kids mealYes.

If there is any Kid's meal available at a location, a Child Credit can only be redeemed for the Kid's meal.

Mickey91
07-07-2007, 05:21 PM
When we were there in Dec, we were told by a CM that the counter service places did not keep track of adult versus kid's meals. We tried this at one of the places that had absolutely nothing our DD would eat (which wasn't a stretch) and she was able to get what she wanted. I'm not sure if it has changed though. I am saddened by the fact that they have made the kid's meals so unappealing. Disney is, after all, a place for kids and magic! Too bad their meals are far from magical. I am glad our DD will be able to have the adult meals this time. Unfortunaely, the generic meals at TS places are non negotiable.:(

MizMissy
07-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Someone posted a thread about no pizza on kids menu at Pizzafari - they complained to a manager and were told that there was a kid's meal cheese pizza option.
So, I guess the point is if you don't see something on the menu - try asking. I'm going to have to do this in September with my very picky DD. Last year, the computer did not show a difference between child and adult credits, so after a couple of days, I started ordering off the regular menu for her at counter service rests. I hear that has now changed.

biodtl
07-09-2007, 02:39 PM
IIRC, you can get a childs pizza and drink, but you have to ask for it and you don't get a dessert with it.

Hopefully, WDW will realized how utterly ridiculous it is to not have pizza for kids! Pizza is a staple for kids menus, but at a pizza restaurant, it's absolutely mandatory!

GrmGrninGost
07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
:soapbox: I think it is a shame that Disney treats children as second class citizens. For the money that is paid by the parents, I see no reason we should have to spoil every meal fighting with the kids trying to get them to eat something I wouldn't want to eat! What in the world is going on when a pizza place doesn't have a kids pizza meal on the menu? Even if you can ask for it, why isn't it on the menu? Come on Disney! We are coming to WDW for a vacation! To relax, not fight over food! Sure, give us some healthy choices, but leave in some of the good stuff! Let the kids have a little fun with their meals! Even the stuff you would think is good is iffy. Sugar free jello? Unsweetened applesauce? Come on! Give us something worth eating! We're on vacation!! :rant: