PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me why people prefer SSR

Simbafan73
07-07-2007, 09:33 AM
We will be in WDW staying at SSR this August for 17 days. Please provide pros and cons of this resort. Any help will be appreciated.

DWHUBBY
07-07-2007, 10:43 AM
SSR is our "Home" and we love it there. There are varying opinions about SSR out there and it is best for you to go with an open mind and judge for yourself. I think some of the negative comments in the past were caused by the fact that SSR was still under construction. With that being complete, I think the opinions will change.

IMHO, the pros to SSR are:

-brand new resort
-walking distance to DTD (from Congress Park)
-several pools
-breathtaking view of DTD
-golf course access on site

the cons are:

-it can be a long walk to the main pool and front desk depending on where your room is (but you can always take any of the busses as the Carriage house is the last stop on their route)
-busses are the only transportation to the parks (there is a boat to DTD)

I believe you will love SSR and I know you will enjoy your stay...you ARE at the happiest place on earth after all !!:mickey:

Zippy_D_DooDah
07-07-2007, 01:33 PM
I really liked SSR as well. It is our home resort, but on our last trip and our upcoming trip, we are at OKW simply because it is less points (I'm also wait-listed at Boardwalk for our September trip). I want to stay at all of the DVC resorts just get get a feel for everything.

As far as SSR, Congress Park had a great view of DTD as well as that short walk. We were in a 2-Bedroom villa with full kitchen. There were 7 of us ( 5 adults and 2 Children) and we didn't feel like we were on top of each other. I know many people don't like to cook on vacation, but I did a few times and found the kitchen wonderful.

The only thing I really didn't like was that the buses seemed a little slow and infrequent. However, this was before Disney had switched to the new GPS based system which will send more buses to the stops that have more people waiting. I'm interested to see if this has sped things up inside SSR.

Plan on having a wonderful time at SSR!

Horizon93
07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I was only there on the tour, but SSR is a beautiful resort with great accomodations. We went with AKL because it just appealed to our personal tastes more.

Have a great trip!

MinnieMommie
07-07-2007, 05:29 PM
SSR is our home resort and we are very happy there. We like to grounds and all it has to offer as far as room decor, food and recreation. We also like DD and spend time there when not in the parks. There are pros and cons to which ever section you stay in including proximity (or distance) to the main building (Carriage House) and bus pick up and drop off. In addition to the main pool there are pools as Paddock (located at the section of Paddock near Carousel), Congress and Grandstand. All pools now have refillable mug stations. I recommend getting a map and knowing the layout before getting there. The boat to DD travels back and forth on the half hour. I wish it were more frequent. :mickey: