PDA

View Full Version : Lunch - Coral Reef of Chef de France

Tinkerbellfan
07-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Hello,

We want to try a new Epcot restaurant for lunch this upcoming trip. We already have plans to eat at btoh Rose & Crown and le Cellier this trip. And, we have already tried the other retaurants that appeal to us at Showcase.

We have narrowed it down to either Coral Reef or Chef de France? What is everyone's thought on these restaurants? Is one much better than the other? I would love any and all thoughts!

thanks!

gardenia
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I've had lunch at both and prefer Le Chefs. Coral Reef was fun to try, but the food selection was really, really, limited, and my family wasn't very impressed with the quantity or quality of what we were served. In fact my husband said 'Let's not go there again'. It was okay but not impressive, especially for the price. Plus both times we went, we were seated as far from the tanks as you can get.

Le Chefs had more selections, more interesting food, a good wine selection, better service, and it's much nicer on the inside. Very clean, bright, and cheerful. The waiter we had, Basel, was charming. If you go, be sure to try the cheese plate.

Crow
07-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Im sort of struggling w this too.
right now i have Les Chef ADR for free Sept dining as i couldnt get in Coral on weekend.
CR ive only eaten at long ago (like the 80s)
Les Chefs a few times. once yrs ago had a great meal. another time few trips ago is was soso.
So im leaning towards still trying to get Coral and cancelling Chefs

ElenitaB
07-07-2007, 02:20 PM
This would be a tough choice for our family. We're planning to visit CR on our next visit as we probably won't be doing the DP and lunch is definitely more affordable than dinner. We really enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant and the food as well (loved their lobster bisque).

We also have enjoyed lunch at Chefs. I had the "French Menu" and enjoyed every single course (my Austrian aunt used to make us Croque Madame and Croque Monsieur when we were kids so that was a nice trip down memory lane); my DS had the kid's fish entree and enjoyed it as well.

That said, I'd probably figure out more or less we'd be according to our loose touring plan, and make my decision according to that, as the two restaurants are at opposite extremes of Epcot.

disneymom2000
07-07-2007, 06:20 PM
I agree with Gardenia about the lunch menu at Coral Reef being limited. This is a restaurant better left for dinner.