PDA

View Full Version : 12/2 MVMCP - Lines and When to Buy Tickets

Tinkerbellfan
07-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

We arrive at Disney World on 12/2 and we thought the Christmas Party seemed like the perfect evening event. We are eating dinner at our resort (Artist Point at 5:30p) and plan to head over to MK for a 7p arrival.

The party will consist of 4 adults - no kids. How busy will the night be? I thought it wouldn't be crowded since it was in early December but then I heard Sunday tends to busier for parties due to Locals. I was confused by this as I am always home getting ready for the week on Sunday night. Do you think there will be long lines at the very beginning?

Also, do you think this night has the potential to sell out soon. Our other party recently had an unexpected very expensive dental bill and can't afford to buy the tickets now. If there is a good chance of it selling out in the next month or so, I was going to buy the tickets now and wait a month or two to tell them I bought the tickets.

Thanks for all of your help!

Jeri Lynn
07-07-2007, 09:05 AM
I have heard that the weekends are busier, but I am not sure about a Sunday evening.

We are going on a Tuesday evening this year.

It's a great time. I'd buy the tickets in advance if you can, you can save a few dollars.

TiggeRia
07-07-2007, 11:05 AM
My family (4 adults) went to MVMCP last year on 11/30 (a Thursday). Even though you're going on a Sunday night, I don't think that it will sell out--I think Fridays/Saturdays would be much busier. While there seemed to be a lot of people there, we did not have more than a 5 minute wait for any ride when we went. We went to the second parade, which was absolutely packed. Fireworks were spectacular! You should go--you'll have a wonderful time. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
07-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I highly recommend going! The MVMCP is so much fun!! :mickey: There is always a chance of it selling out. We were at WDW the first week of Dec. last year, and it was very busy! I would buy tickets ASAP just to be safe! You don't want to miss out!

mickey-mouse35
07-07-2007, 12:42 PM
It will be busy but I personally doubt it will sell out now--maybe in a few months. A lot of locals go and they are probably not planning this far in advance like the rest of us. :D
If you want, call the Disney number and ask the CM about that night and if they're getting close to selling out or if they have plenty of tickets still available. I would try to purchase them by September at the latest. Have fun! :mickey: