PDA

View Full Version : Yachtman Steakhouse

mickeys_princess
07-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Tell me what ya think about it...love it.....hate it...what did ya eat? Worth 2 credits?

KarenP
07-07-2007, 12:40 PM
The steaks are excellent here, but I personally would not choose any restaurants that use 2 table service credits.

rsumrall
07-07-2007, 12:42 PM
My family likes it very much. We would definitely use 2 TS to go there again. I had steak ( a good one two). The dessert sampler is to die for.

Donalds Duckie
07-07-2007, 02:24 PM
I like it very much. Good food and great service! I like the atmosphere as well. Yes, it's worth 2 TS in my opinion. Oops! I forgot to say I had the New York Strip and it was very good. The sauted mushrooms are wonderful too!

disneymom2000
07-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I absolutely loved it. I had steak medallions and they were the best. I live in Texas and we have steak all the time, so when I say a steak is worth it - believe me.:thumbsup:

Donalds Duckie
07-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Just want to say "Hey, neighbor" to Disneymom2000! I'm just down the road a bit in Bastrop.:mickey:

irish1967
07-07-2007, 06:21 PM
We think it is worth it - but we are definitely steak people.

According to my Dad's spreadsheet, even with eating at the Yachtsman Steakhouse one night and paying OOP for another meal, we came out ahead $$$ wise.

I just looked at the menu and probably had the filet mignon - I don't remember for sure, but whatever I had was GREAT!

P.S. We ate at the Concourse Steakhouse the following night with family members from the Orlando area - dinner was good, it is one of our favorite restaurants (considering food and atmosphere (we love the CR concourse)) but the difference in the food quality was noticable.

OogieBoogieMan
07-07-2007, 09:55 PM
YS has always been very hit and miss for us. It is often good but there have also been a few times we wished we went somewhere else. I have to think there is frequent turn-over in the kitchen, it just isn't consistent.

In terms of being worth 2 credits, I haven't used the dining plan, but among the 2 credit restaurants YS would be after California Grill, Jiko, Artist Point and Flying Fish in my opinion.