PDA

View Full Version : Theme Park Parking

gdb1962
07-06-2007, 10:28 PM
We're heading to WDW on Monday and staying on site for the first time (AKL). Was wondering if anyone knows whether WDW Resort guests receive free parking at the theme parks or not? We will be seeing other sites beyond Disney during our stay so we rented a car to get around.

#1disneyfan
07-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Yes, WDW resort guests do receive free Theme Park parking.

Piglet822
07-07-2007, 04:06 PM
When you check into your resort you'll recieve a parking permit to display on your dash. Keep that and your Key to the World card handy and you should have no problem.

Lizzie
07-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes you do. And enjoy saving your $10 a day.

snifflesmcg
07-08-2007, 12:55 AM
You sure do! Also, If you booked your vacation thru AAA, the offer special parking.

JPL
07-08-2007, 01:02 AM
You also get free parking with an Annual pass :thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
07-08-2007, 03:44 AM
although i would suggest driving to most of the theme parks because parking is free to resort guests, i would take the Disney buses to magic kingdom, it is more efficient to drive to the rest of the parks, but if you drive to Mk you then have to take the monorail or ferry to the park, whereas the Disney buses take you right to the entrance, just my opinion :mickey:
also the AAA parking pass is great, it allows you to park up front at most parks.

jszczur5
07-12-2007, 05:35 PM
If you are a WDW resort guest, parking is free. If not, you only pay for parking once each day. So, if you are not staying on site, keep your receipt and show it when park-hopping.
We always have our own car while on site, and have never used the buses. I've heard they work very well, but nothing beats getting into your own car and being at the next park, or resort for ADR's in less than 10 minutes. I've read that it can take up to 90 minutes to get from one resort to another, as you must first bus to a theme park, and then catch another bus to your resort of choice, which may or may not be a direct route.
I absolutely agree with the others who suggest the AAA parking pass, which alows you to park in a special lot very close to the entrance to each park, eliminating the tram ride in most cases!

Wayne
07-12-2007, 06:19 PM
although i would suggest driving to most of the theme parks because parking is free to resort guests, i would take the Disney buses to magic kingdom, it is more efficient to drive to the rest of the parks, but if you drive to Mk you then have to take the monorail or ferry to the park, whereas the Disney buses take you right to the entrance, just my opinion :mickey:
also the AAA parking pass is great, it allows you to park up front at most parks.

Of course, if you want to get the same feeling of anticipation that Walt had in mind when the MK area was being planned, then you will want to drive to MK parking and take the monorail or ferry.:mickey:

frakers
07-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm always amazed at how many posts a "yes" or "no" question can get.
I just wanted to get in on the action......

Yes, it is free.