PDA

View Full Version : Need lots more info on FW cabins!!!

mouseketeer mom
07-06-2007, 09:15 PM
I've only stayed in Deluxes at WDW, mainly pushed into them because we are a family of 5 and it seemed the easiest solution. We've been very happy! I'm thinking of a quick 4 or 5 day trip to WDW in August before my kids go back to school in Sept. What about those cabins??!! I'm NOT a campy type, but my DH and DS are (both love the WL..I like it alot too, so do my girls)..tell me about them! What about those golf carts I keep hearing about? Why would I rent one? Do we take a golf cart to the buses??? Then the buses to the parks?? I so don't get it. Are we in the woods? Can we get lost in there? (my kids are 13, 11 and 8 and like some autonomy)..could they get places within the resort on their own..tell me more about the logistics..also, sleeping...a bunk in the bedroom right? and how big is the other bed in the bedroom and the murphy bed as well? We probably will do magical express. Would it be very hard not to have a car at FW cabins? We really like not having a car to deal with at WDW. Any info will help! Thanks!

ibrowse17
07-07-2007, 12:31 AM
You do not have to be a "campy" type of person to really enjoy staying in the cabins at FW. The cabins are very comfortable, and you have all the same services you would have at any other resort. The carts are not a must have, and you can survive without them. Transportation is through an internal busing system that connect the loops and run the circle of FW. Transportation to the parks is by either buses or boats. You can NOT drive a car within FW for regular transportation, only if you are leaving the campground. You will not need a car, and can use ME at the campground. Try this link for photos of the cabin layout:thumbsup:
http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Resorts/HAFH/FtWilderness/FW.htm

mom4disney
07-07-2007, 09:25 AM
We enjoy the cabins. Our kids are the type of kids that do not like to be inside. They are able to wander around and play outside without having our constant attention. The deck outside is comfortable for evenings. The transportation is, like stated above, an internal and external bus system. It's only a boat ride away to MK. To me, FW is more of a relaxed atmosphere.
The bedroom has bunk beds and a double bed. The Murphy bed is also a double bed. It is nice to have two TVs at night - the kids can watch what they want while DH and I can watch our shows. The full kitchen makes meal cost go way down. Mousekeeping even will load the dishwasher.
The golf cart, while it is nice to have, is not necessary. We enjoy the cart, because there is so much to see at night around the campground. Many people go all out decorating their sites. The golf cart also can speed up your transportation time while waiting for the internal bus.
I say go for it! The deluxe resorts are very nice - FW is different, but I really think that your family will enjoy. I would never dream of camping - but I do enjoy this resort.

moe513
07-07-2007, 09:59 AM
You can request a specific loop that may be close to a bus stop, pool or main buliding. I think lose golf carts are 45 a day. I think a quick trip is a good time to try them. My brothers family of 5 always stays there. I also have 5 but prefer to squish in 1 room at a deluxe. At fw you will get 2 rooms plus a little kitchen.

Cinderelley
07-07-2007, 02:16 PM
I love the cabins, but i do not like camping. They are very peaceful and I like that we can send the kids to bed in the bedroom, and DH and I can stay up later for some downtime. The only thing I don't like about the cabins is that you have to take one bus to get to the bus to take you to the parks.

mouseketeer mom
07-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I love the cabins, but i do not like camping. They are very peaceful and I like that we can send the kids to bed in the bedroom, and DH and I can stay up later for some downtime. The only thing I don't like about the cabins is that you have to take one bus to get to the bus to take you to the parks.

Wait..I don't think I'm getting it..:(we take a bus to get to another bus? Sounds chaotic. Do we take the golf cart to the bus? Like theres golf cart parking? Clue me in. I don't mean to sound dumb, but I still don't get it.

ibrowse17
07-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, you take a bus to catch a bus. It is not as bad as it sounds, trust me. The carts do make things easier, and provide a great amount of freedom to transportation within FW. They do have parking areas for the carts where you catch external buses, or boats, to the parks. Carts are fun, and run about $45 a day. We have gotten one on some trips, but you can have a very nice stay without getting one. You really should give FW a try. It is a great resort that offers a lot.:thumbsup: