PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Online Phase 1 of Beta is over 7/16/07

Chescat
07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Dear Beta tester,

As many of you know, we have been in Phase 1 of Beta testing for a few months and have received some great feedback and data to assist us as we continue the process of developing Pirates of the Caribbean Online. We really appreciate all the interest you've shown in the game and your willingness to be involved.

Our end goal is simple -- make a great game! In order to achieve this, we believe we need some additional development time and have decided to move the launch of the game to this Fall. This gives us some extra time to further enhance the game, respond to additional data we've collected during Beta testing, and incorporate more of the input we have received from you, our players.

As part of this process, we will conclude Phase 1 of Beta testing at noon (PDT) on July 16 and plan to resume Phase 2 of the Beta test with a new game build in September. Please note: As a Beta tester from Phase 1, you will automatically have access to Phase 2 -- there is no need to sign up again.

In the meantime, we have some exciting things coming your way -- including a brand-new Web site, community contests, more updates from the development team, and tons of updated game assets. You can continue to get all of this information and more at: piratesonline.com.

Thanks again for all your help and support!

Sincerely,

The Crew @ Pirates of the Caribbean Online

mickeytinkerbellprincess
07-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Great. Just great. They've moved it to Fall, (knew that they'd never release it during Spring, I mean look at the game with all those bugs) and also there's a great big gap between Sep. and July. But I suppose it's a good excuse for me. I get headaches every time I play that thing!

Tinkerbell627
07-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't know if I should say anything or just glare.

First, I thought it would be a good thing because they would have that time to fix a good portion of the bugs and maybe improve some of the graphics. Then, I was informed that they would probaby reset the accounts.

And just when I bought myself a pretty boat... ship.

Patricia
07-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Aww, I just got myself a little boat too.. if they reset will we lose our names?

Chescat
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Aww, I just got myself a little boat too.. if they reset will we lose our names?
Last time they reset the game, we got our names back really quick. I had to delete ratcat again because she lost her swords, and I restarted her. Got the name back the next day.

I'm going to miss my Blue Dragon. :(

Blue Genie
07-10-2007, 02:03 AM
I try last night to go on there but this dumbo computer of mine will not let me download it. So I guess I will never join you guys in there.