PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Character Breakfast

DisneyDude1977
07-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Hello all! I was wondering what you all could tell my wife and I about the character breakfast at the Polynesian resort. My wife and I are about to vacation in Orlando (but at Universal), and wanted to get a car to bring us to the Poly resort on our last dar to this breakfast, but I was hoping to hear some recommendations first.

Thanks a bunch!

Connears
07-06-2007, 07:22 PM
We ate there last xmas week and really enjoyed it. It is an all-you-can-eat dinner that is brought to your table family style(@ OHana restaurant). It included breakfast breads, fruit, juice, coffee, scrambled eggs, potatoes, breakfast meats, mickey waffles. all were very good and waitress was quick to replenish as needed. Characters are Lilo, Stitch, Goofy and Mickey(I think..can't rememeber). They come to your talbe and also have a parade for all the kids around the restaurant to music from the movie. We were 2 adults and our ds(16) and it was a great meal. They also take a picture before you eat and come by your table to see if you want to purchase, but no hard sell( of course we bought it).We liked it better than getting up for buffets(although we love 1900 PF and Goffy's @ BC). You can also have a great breakfast without the characters at Kona Cafe..very yummy also.
Connears

Mom2princesses
07-06-2007, 07:29 PM
We really enjoy this breakfast too. One of the reasons is that it is not a buffet and you get to sit and be served. The character interaction is great. The previous posted listed all the great foods already. We will be eating this breakfast on our last morning at WDW.

We will be going to Universal for a day at the beginning of our trip. Just have to take my 3 yo dd to see Barney! My now 10 yo dd was 2 when we took her to see that show and I have a video tape of her watching the show. Her expressions were simply priceless. That big purple guy is da bomb to little ones.

Have a great trip!

pixiesmimi
07-06-2007, 07:46 PM
I went with my DD and family (2 grandsons) to WDW in June. The last day we went to the character breakfast at Polynesian Resort. The waiting area is much nicer than other restaurants and the wait wasn't long. The food (listed already) was WONDERFUL! The little Mickey waffles were so good that my grandson less than a year old, kept grabbing them off other's plates to eat with his hands. :mickey: The service was very good and we saw more of the characters, Lilo and Stitch, Mickey and Pluto, than we did Pooh at the Crystal Palace. They were very attentive for pictures and autographs. The parade was nice and they gave the children moracca's (sp?) to shake in the parade. We would definately go back.

SgtTigger
07-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Ill just add Great time last time we went and the food was great too....... it was our third time.....

I will return.........

:cop: :tigger:

moe513
07-06-2007, 08:10 PM
I asked a similiar question last mos and the reviews were great. You could probably look back at them.