PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef diver signs and menus

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Has anyone ever ordered the Diver signs and custom menus at Coral Reef? If so, did everything turn out as you expected? I am trying to arrange a sign and menu for my Mom's 60th birthday in September and I was just wondering what other peoples' experiences have been. The CM I spoke with today seems incredibly nice and helpful!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-05-2007, 08:09 PM
What is this??

wendy*darling
07-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Sorry, I can't help either, as I have never even heard of this.
I am interested to learn more...

moe513
07-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Id like to know more too. I never heard of this.

tinksmom02
07-06-2007, 09:17 PM
This isn't first hand, but my friend just got back. She had called to order a cake to congratulate her son on his HS graduation, and the CM told her about the diver-thing. The CM even bumped back her ADR (I think it was for 9pm) to 7pm, because they don't dive after a certain time, and even arranged for her and her son to have a table right next to the aquarium.

The divers swim by with a sign (the one my friend asked for said Congratulations), and the menu was personalized with her son's name. She said it was very cool.

This is NOT something that you have to pay extra for, but the only reason she even found out about it was b/c she called to order a cake.

If you call WDW-Dine, they can probably give you more info. What I do know is that they only dive until a certain time, not throughout the whole dinner seating.

HTH!

pixiegoose
07-06-2007, 09:59 PM
We got the personalized menus when we ate there on our honeymoon. We didn't request it but I had mentioned to every CM I spoke to when I was making reservations that it was our honeymoon so they just went ahead and did them. It was a fun surprise. Particularly for my husband- they said "Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. My Maiden Name!". I had made all the reservations in my maiden name beforehand so they thought it was our last name. :oops:

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-07-2007, 09:24 AM
From what I hear (and what I personally did), you need to contact Debbi at the Coral Reef directly. She seems super nice!

Dedivah
07-07-2007, 11:22 AM
WOW, this sounds like a great idea!

I have been looking for something special to do for our 3rd Anniversary other than ordering a cake. We have ADRs at 7pm so this will be perfect.

:thanks:

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Dedivah, here is Debbi's number at the restaurant 407-560-6856. You will have to leave a message and she will call you back. She also mentioned that she is on vacation this week, so it may take a while for someone to return your call.

ElenitaB
07-07-2007, 02:26 PM
While I haven't done this personally, we did see the diver swim by a table on the lower tier with a "Happy Annivesary" sign. It was very cool!

mickeyluv
07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
I just called to set this up for our trip (we leave in 9 days-but who's counting). I called 407-560-6636 and spoke to Alicia. She was VERY helpful. I can send her a picture and message via her email and they will be on our menus when we arrive. I can't wait, our niece will be so surprised!!

Dedivah
07-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I just called and got Alicia's voice mail. I really hope she calls me back! This would be such a treat for us.:cloud9: I know DH will be surprised. I am not uttering a word to him!

Thanks for the info!!! I really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
That sounds so cool. I had never heard of it before!! Thanks for the info! We are celebrating our anniversary this time !!! I'll have to give them a call!:mickey:

Dedivah
07-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Alicia has not called back. I left 2 messages and sent an email. :pout: I'll have to leave another one today.

pixidust1976
07-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I took advantage of the free DDP and scheduled my kids' first trip to Disney for this September.

After reading this post, I called Coral Reef and left a message on their general answering machine.

Alecia called me back and......

I GOT A DIVER!!!!!!!

We have the first lunch seating so she told me there will be a high probability of getting a table on the lower lever right next to the tank! :rocks:

They were even so nice as to make a double sided sign. The event is my son's graduation, but his baby sister won't be left out because they will put a little message welcoming "Princess Erin" on the other side of the sign.

This is going to be so magical. I LOVE Disney.

With the specials and promotions I can go to Disney cheaper than I can spend a week in my home state of PA!!!!!!!! I feel that Intercot will be scheduling yearly or bi-yearly trips for our family....

Dedivah
07-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I got through!:thumbsup:

Apparantly Alicia has been getting a busy signal on my cell phone. So I sent her an email and she replied! :woohoo:

So I was able to get my diver sign and personalized menu.

Thanks! :heart: