PDA

View Full Version : Magical Gatherings

marlas73
07-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Has anyone done the Magical Gatherings? We are a group of 12 and this was offered to us by Disney when we made the reservation, but we really do not understand what is the benefit. Do any of you "knowledgeable Disney fans" can tell us what we need to know? Need to do? So we can benefit from this?

Disney5Mom
07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
We did this in March. It just guaranteed our rooms would be together and you call a special number for dinner reservations. There are some special events that are available for a fee but we did not try any of those. We also got grand gathering buttons when we checked in.

mickey-mouse35
07-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I haven't done it but by the looks of people who did it on Disney show on Travel Channel, it looks cool! They got their own Wishes cruise--didn't say how much it costs, though. :mickey:

kdsjjb
07-07-2007, 07:53 PM
We did two MG when we went in May '06. There were 9 of us total and we did the International Dinner and Illuminations Dessert Reception at Epcot. We all thought that the dinner was really good, the show was a little cheesy but the kids loved it. After dinner they walked us all out behind the big gift shop, where they had the area roped off, and had a huge dessert spread laid out for the group. The view of Illuminations was awesome.

The other MG that we did was the dessert reception and Wishes cruise from the Contemporary. Not sure if they still do this one. Ours had Captain Hook and Shmee at the reception then we went out on a boat with (Patch?) the pirate. Great show, great time! We got to see the Electrical Water Padgent, which we had never seen before, and had a fantastic view of Wishes. The music was piped in to the boat, which just made the whole thing complete.

We had a terrific time with both of them, and I have recommended each to others who have reported a great time as well. We are looking forward to having a big group again, so that we can do another.

mizzoumouse
07-08-2007, 08:04 PM
We have a Magical Gathering Planned for July of 2008! There are at least 19 of us, probably 22 (but we are waiting to hear from my Aunt!!!). We are all looking so forward to it. I am not sure what activity we are going to do as a group, either the Illuminations one or the Wishes Cruise. We are going to do all of our planning at Christmas when we are all toghether!! Disney Dollars for everyone this Christmas (shopping is going to be easy this year!!!!) :mickey:

marlas73
07-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Thanks so much for the info! I will keep searching..........until I get to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mickey: