PDA

View Full Version : Did any parks close yesterday???

MarkC
07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Just curious for those of us who couldn't be at Disney yesterday. How bad was it? Did any parks close? Would appreciate someone who was there giving us some inside info. Thanks.

Simbafan73
07-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Why would it have been closed?

MarkC
07-07-2007, 11:13 AM
Due to capacity issues.

Piglet822
07-07-2007, 03:58 PM
On the spur of the moment I decided to book a last minute trip to WDW for the July 4th holiday. I mean, literally the last minute. I called Disney Wednesday morning and I was lucky to get a room at POFQ. I've always wanted to stay there :D

We decided to go to MK that evening for the fireworks and I was a little worried about being turned away at the gate. We couldn't go until I got off work so...............

We had no problems getting in. The park was crowded, I'll give you that. The wait for Space Mountain was 100 minutes but Buzz Lightyear was only 40 so we did that. Honestly, it didn't seem like that long of a wait. I had warned my DS ahead of time not to expect to do too much because of the crowds so we pretty much took it easy. Had something to eat, walked around a bit, then around 7 - 7:30 decided we'd better stake out a spot for Fantasy in the Sky. People were already starting to fill the hub area.

We had a nice little corner on the stairs going down to the smoking area right across from the Plaza Restaurant. We had a good view and met a lovely family from South Africa. Their first trip to the States and they were quite impressed with our spirit and our celebration :flag:

We left right after the fireworks and people were entering the park for Spectro so it doesn't look like MK closed. I didn't hear anything about it filling to capacity.

CaptSmee
07-08-2007, 02:22 AM
sound like maybe it wasn't overly crowded because the 4th fell in the middle of the week???

celestesmommie
07-08-2007, 08:57 PM
we were in MGM all day and it really wasn't crowded at all. We saw fantasy in the sky on the 3rd and the same thing, crowded but not really that bad