PDA

View Full Version : Everest Video

MickeysEars
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Ok, so I am a HUGE roller coaster sissy. I hate big drops. I love going fast however. I just viewed Everest video to see if I would be able to deal. Everyone keeps taliing about a drop that is taller than the splash mountian on, I didn't see it. Was it during the backwards portion of the ride? I would love any feedback to put my mine at ease. Thanks

dephenn
07-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I don't remember any big drop. Only remember it was alot of fun and I've always been scared of roller coasters, but having fun working it out.

Twinsowner
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
We are scared of big roller coaster s and drops also but really enjoyed Everist. There is a drop similar to Splash towards the end but it makes a turn halfway down so it lessens the "stomach in your throat " feeling. otherwise it is great as long as you dont mind going backwards in the dark.

WDWfanatic742
07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
The drop is after the part where you go backwards. It is also the part where the train comes out of the mountain for a second. It is about an 80 foot drop, but doesn't feel like it because of the banked turn on the bottom of the drop.

BTW, don't trust the videos of Everest. It looks ALOT better in real life than in the videos because everything looks shrunken down in them, but it is alot bigger in real life.

magicofdisney
07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
The drop is right after you go backwards and begin going forwards again (as previously mentioned). I've ridden Everest a few times and I have to say the drop was least bothersome when I sat up front. When you're in the back, the drop is MUCH more intense.

Simbafan73
07-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Join the club! Like speed, but abnormal motions can throw me off. However sooner or later you have to try them. My last holdout is Everest.I am told that there are no bigger drops than the one on SM.

jpH/keD
07-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Where did you watch the video?? I want to see! Please share if it is permitted! TIA:thumbsup:

Momof2boys
07-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I am not a roller coaster fan at all, hate the nauseous feeling I get . . . but I did Everest and survived just fine. True, I had my eyes closed & screamed almost the entire ride but did not have that "sick" feeling afterwards.

Try it -

GrmGrninGost
07-07-2007, 11:08 AM
The biggest drop is actually higher than Splash, but it goes into a banked turn near the bottom which lessens the intensity. I thought EE was a little more intense than Big Thunder Mountain, but not by much. I would try it once!! :mickey: I hope you like it! It's lots of FUN!! :coaster:

MickeysEars
07-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I have to say that you are ALL fantastic!!! Thank you so much!! BTW I just did an internet search for "Expidition Everest Video". I am better when I know what to expect. The other problem is that I have to ride alone because we have do child swap...I dont do well on coasters with my hubby, let alone by my self, but I am going to ride it, wish me luck!

A Foolish Mortal
07-08-2007, 09:12 AM
You'll be fine. The drop, (which is about 30 feet higher than Splash's) is not bad at all, as everyone else said, it turns at the bottom, so its not really even a drop. It's more of a sloping turn. Anyway, you'll really be pleased if you go on Everest. It's the best ride at WDW.

LoriMistress
07-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I know the link on where you can watch EE. But I'll PM you the link of it, since it's against the board rules to post links.