PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars

Figgyluv03
07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Okay, so I finally convinced DBF to go to Disney in October of 2008 and I've been cashing in my change to get Disney Dollars. My question is, do you guys still use Disney Dollars when you are down there and if so, how much do you bring with you?

Wrigley
07-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I used Disney Dollars on our last trip and it was very handy. I could use them anywhere-at the resort, and the parks, and at DTD. I received them as a birthday gift and was very glad that I did. :mickey:

shan-ash
07-05-2007, 05:28 PM
When you use Disney Dollars, how do they give back your change? Is it with regular cash or Disney Dollars?

psychotekkie
07-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't use them because they are like cash in terms of loss and theft. I would much rather charge everything to my room on my room card. And we get our food on the Dining Plan, so that's even less cash to carry around.

Did I mention I don't like cash? I also don't like the feeling of wads of bills or heavy change in my pockets. A plastic card is so much more compact. And water from rides and rain don't affect it....

As far as I'm concerned, Disney Dollars and Legal Tender have no advantage over eachother. Viva plastic room card!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I always bring some Disney Dollars. I recycle my empty pepsi cans/bottles and turn that money into disney dollars. I have about $30.00 so far. And I save my loose change and buy DD's with that too. So I usually have about $100.00.

celestesmommie
07-08-2007, 11:37 PM
we still use disney dollars too. we keep them around the house for rewards for the DD(Good report cards, accomplishments, etc). The hubby & I took about $1800 in Disney Dollars & The DD took about $500.00. We cover her food, anything else she pays with her own money. i think that they still make a great gift/stocking stuffer for everyone, that is where most of ours came from

Belle--86
07-09-2007, 12:49 AM
We always give DD's Disney Dollars for out trip-- we usually give them $100 each. So they know what they have to spend and keep track of what they have.

Figgyluv03
07-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Well, we don't have any little ones, so it's just DBf and I, but I still like having a little bit on cash on hand. I like the charging to the room thing, but I"m afraid I'll go overboard. I like having the cash, so I know exactually how much I have to spend.

DizneyRox
07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Last time we went with about $750 in DD. We use them to cover charges on the room key, etc.

What I do is take bonuses awards, gifts, etc and convert them to DD. It pays for the vacation most of the time, kindof a savings account for my Disney fix.

You can apply them to your reservation so you don't need to lug around "cash" in the parks. It's been working out great so far.