PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions and Kids

LarryBoy
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Our 6 year old son loves science, but we have never taken him into Innoventions. Is it worth the time? What exhibits are the best? Which ones are your favorites? Which ones will he enjoy the most?

MOJoe
07-05-2007, 04:47 PM
My boys enjoyed building and racing robots this year. And last year i had to literally drag them away from "Where is the Fire".

Mousefever
07-05-2007, 06:17 PM
My nine year old son LOVES Toon Tag! It's an interactive video type game played with 3 other players. He would have stayed there for hours if we gave him the chance. I can't remember if it's considered Innoventions East or West, but I know it's the section that's to the left of Spaceship Earth as you enter the park

:dory:

lilmick
07-05-2007, 06:31 PM
I was wondering if there was anything for my DS (13) and DD (11) to do in the Innoventions buildings? We are leaving in 4 days and just today we were talking about this same topic. Anyone have any suggestions for teens & tweens at Innoventions? Thanks in advance :confused:

LibertyTreeGal
07-07-2007, 12:28 PM
My sons loved this when they were 4, and we plan on taking them again this year. The robot races and building were awesome, they have video game contests, and yes, the "Where's the fire" where my sons had adults literally in stitches when they were willing to run back into the burning building whenever the CM said she had left something behind. The first two times, they were just being sweet and willing to help, but after that it was all about playing the crowd :rolleyes:

There were lots of cool games they were able to play with their dad, even if they were too young to understand the rules....

LarryBoy
07-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Is there a map of the layout of Innoventions out there anywhere? It would be great to look at, and to get an idea of where the good stuff is.

Tinkerfreak
07-09-2007, 08:12 AM
My DD's always take their friends e-mail addresses and send them the goofy pictures of themselves that you can send. They love doing this and their friends love getting the pictures. We also send them to their teachers so they can show the class.

Tink's Mom
07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
My DD's 9 and 12 love Innoventions. Even us two big kids really enjoy it. I would say at least walk through and see what they have to offer. But be aware, you will probably end up staying a while. :)

wedway76
07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
My nine year old son LOVES Toon Tag! It's an interactive video type game played with 3 other players. He would have stayed there for hours if we gave him the chance.
:dory:

My DS used to LOVE that game. After he would play he would get back on line and wait to play again. I used the time to rest my feet and cool off.

Lizzie
07-09-2007, 12:20 PM
We never stop at innoventions. I think will have to stop next time, sounds fun.