PDA

View Full Version : Building any New VC resorts at WDW?

Bohms4
07-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Are there any VC resorts in the middle of being built at WDW or are there any talks of putting in more in the near future? I thought I heard something about the Contemporary....not sure if that's true or not.

ibrowse17
07-05-2007, 11:32 AM
They have added villas at the AKL, and are building something for DVC at the Cont. They were tearing down the old nothern building during our last trip in Feb:thumbsup:

mprewitt
07-05-2007, 12:18 PM
The only officially announced DVC construction is the new Kidani Village for AKV.

There are several rumored expansions:

Contemporary Resort Villas
Something at Disneyland (CA)
Another offsite (Hawaii)We'll just have to wait and see.

Speedy1998
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Isn't there still a section of Saratoga Springs that has yet to be built?

mprewitt
07-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Here is a picture of one of the possible CRV renderings:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z261/mprewitt57/CRV1.jpg

sillyolbear
07-05-2007, 04:34 PM
I believe SSR's last building has just or is very close to being completed and ready for occupancy.

Horizon93
07-05-2007, 04:59 PM
As far as I know, the only one being built is AKV. I have heard the CRV rumors, (pretty cool rendering Mike) Love the Disneyland and Hawaii rumors too. The point is, they are all rumors. It would be great if any or all are true.

Mushu11756
07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I heard rumor's about a DVC resort at The Contemporary since 06. Now with AKV and SSR still available I can't see them opening a new DVC resort until those are sold out.

I have heard rumor's about building a DVC resort at Disneyland due to the fact that DVC was selling a lot of memberships out of the Disneyland location.:mickey:

Fortgoofy97
07-10-2007, 03:18 PM
I heard about Hawaii must have been 2 maybe 3 years ago. This was from someone in the know at DVC at the time. DVC was looking at that point for land or resort to upgrade. They definitely want to go there but it may take time to develop the right plan!! CR will come to pass as the next DVC!

lockedoutlogic
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
DVC at Disneyland is long overdue...The problem with anything at Anaheim is always the land issue....there really isn't any.

Hawaii is the opposite...there's land...you just can't afford it. Hawaii has probably one of the highest average land prices of anywhere on earth....

But both would be great additions....

I am surprised they never tried to add a DVC in France.....the proximity to Paris being a big plus...of course, you have to travel through 15 miles of graffiti covered towns to get between DLP and Paris...

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2007, 07:25 PM
DVC in the Contemporary has not been officially announced since they just announced Animal Kingdom Lodge.. However, all the DVC sales people I talked to have all said Contemporary is next.... I was also told that there are plans for yet another resort in WDW to soon get the DVC treatment after Contemporary is announced... Nothing is set in stone for this resort, only that it was discussed... Still trying to figure out which one... I am sure that Disney would wait until the announcements of Contemporary, Disneyland, and Hawaii are made public before beginning work on yet another WDW resort.....

Horizon93
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
As a new member, it is great to see these possibilities. I do think that it would be odd to announce a new DVC Resort at CR while SSR and AKV are in active sael mode. The CR would be a great location.

In terms of another resort adding a DVC site, I can only think of the other deluxes. Poly? GF? Or possibly a whole new site or a DVC based on the theme of a moderate.

lockedoutlogic
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
selling a contemporary at the current time would be a ridiculous mistake.

Contemp would be the most popular sale by far at this junction....proximity to MK

Sales at Saratoga would stop altogether

AK sales would be seriously impaired...that location and theme is a hard sell anyway.

They tried selling Vero, HH, OKW, and Boardwalk at the same time initially....it took forever.

they won't make that mistake again.

DizneyFreak2002
07-10-2007, 08:11 PM
In terms of another resort adding a DVC site, I can only think of the other deluxes. Poly? GF? Or possibly a whole new site or a DVC based on the theme of a moderate.

I was thinking Poly or GF as well...