PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: Review of Questions 61-70

King Triton
07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
This is moving along quickly. Time for the review of questons 61-70 already.
---
Question #61 received a lot of votes and replies. This one asked whether you bring a cell phone into the parks. Most of you (about 81%) do. The typical reply, however, was: "Yes, but only to keep in touch within the park.".

yes, sometimes i call friends to harass them from a certain attraction so they can hear -- Crow

I carry a cell, but only to communicate with other people in my group if we split up, or to set a reminder alarm for ADRs etc. I don't call anyone while I'm there and I don't answer the phone... -- snowflakegirl

i have mine at the hotel in case we want to call home. when i'm at disney parks i do not have it. no need. i'm on vacation -- mainemajor

---
Question #62 asked what was the best use of the Theatre in the Wild at Animal Kingdom: Tarzan Rocks! or Finding Nemo - The Musical? Many haven't seen Nemo yet, but it was still the easy winner, with 83% of the vote.

Finding Nemo - The Musical is one of the best live shows in Walt Disney World. I really love it. -- Disney_nut

...I had to vote for Tarzan. I thought that was a great show and I'm really going to miss it in November. -- jenperich

i dont like the "shows" in wdw at all. if i want to see a show, i'll go to broadway. -- iceicebritney

---
Question #63 asked you to pick between two of the special "weekends" at WDW: Star Wars weekend or ESPN: The Weekend. Star Wars was the easy winner here, with about 74% of the vote.

...the force is strong in my family. StarWars weekends!!! May the Force be with You!!! -- BritCody

...We make it a point to go to ESPN the Weekend every year. We have a blast and it is so much fun to see all of the events and meet the athletes, who are far from "whiny and spoiled." Many of them are there with their families and enjoying their vacations and very pleasant to talk to! -- Dreamer7080

.. we tend to avoid the special event parks because we don't like crowds. -- January-2007
---
In an earlier question, you were asked to pick between Honey, I Shrunk the Audience and It's Tough to be a Bug. ITTBAB was an easy winner. In Question #64, we put It's Tough to Be a Bug up against Mickey's Philharmagic. Mickey's Philharmagic was an easy winner here, capturing 80% of the vote.

I love Mickey's Philharmagic. The way they draft those smells through the theatre makes it seem that much more real. Every once in a while I'll look down at some of the kids in the theatre... I love to watch them reaching for things flying out at them and squealing with excitement. It's so much fun!! -- avantgardeinker

...It's Tough to Be a Bug has it all, right down to the perfect location in the Tree of Life. -- SBETigg

I can't choose....I love the fact that ITTBAB is in the Tree of Life and I also like the fact that it has a mix of animatronics, 3D and is multi-sensory. I love Philharmagic because of the story-line, the characters and the spectacular effects! The smell of the pie gets me everytime! Both great attractions! -- Tynkerbelle
---
For years, Disney World shops sold yellow Mickey Mouse ponchos. The parks would look like a sea of yellow when it rained. A couple of years ago, they switched to clear. Question #65 asked which you like better. About 61% of you prefer the clear version.

I went with clear just because I ususally identify the people I'm with by what they're wearing and clear makes that easier! -- beksy

yellow. makes the park look more crowded and people tend to leave to go back to their resorts. -- indytraveler

...it is whatever I can get to and on first -- 4ubie1

---
Question #66 asked you which type of character meal you prefer: breakfast or dinner? Breakfast was the winner here, with about 66% of the vote. (Lots of 66's on this line...would have been really weird if breakfast had 66 votes, but it was 56).

I probably enjoy the breakfast slightly more because it sets the mood for the entire day! It makes it hard to have a bad day after eating breakfast with Mickey, Cinderella, etc. -- GrmGrninGost

...I picked the dinners. I am not a big morning person or breakfast person, so I would get more out of the meal and character interaction later on in the day... - beksy

I'm not big on character meals to begin with - they always seem to disrupt the meal to the point that I can't really concentrate on what I'm eating... -- Spaceship Tigger

---
Question #67 asked you to pick between Summer and Winter for a visit to WDW. Winter was a pretty easy winner here, picking up 82% of the votes.

Its winter and the month of dec as i love the xmas atmosphere -- RAIDER

I like the summer...We like to take advantage of the longer park hours as well... the pools are fun when it's hot as well as the water parks. -- princessjojo

I go whenever I get the chance!!! Any day at WDW is a good day!!! -- DDuck66

---
Question #68 dealt with changes to the parks that, in some cases, didn't go over so well. You were asked to choose which you liked best of: Cinderella's Pink Castle for MK's 25th birthday, the Spaceship:Earth wand originally erected for the Millennium celebration and the Sorcerer's Hat at MGM erected for Walt's 100th birthday. The least offensive turned out to be the wand, gathering 46% of the vote. Next was the Sorcerer's Hat with 36%, trailed by the pink castle with 19%.

I went with the Wand at Epcot. I think it makes it look more Disney and festive! -- Mickey91

I have to go with the Hat. MGM needed some type of ICON. -- scottgr

I actually really enjoyed the birthday cake castle. I was there that year (as well as for the last "transformation" for happiest celebration) and although I wouldn't want it to be like that all the time, it was FUN! Just something different and whimsical and larger than life. -- Figment78

---
Question #69 asked you to pick between two similar hotels: the Dolphin and the Swan. The Dolphin was the winner here, with 62% of the vote.

...my family stayed at the Dolphin a few years ago for the Food & Wine Festival and we loved it. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms were great, the beds were so amazingly comfortable, and we had an amazing view of the Boardwalk and Epcot! -- Dreamer7080

I have stayed at both many times and I would definitely choose the Swan over the Dolphin because it is much smaller and more intimate than the Dolphin. -- serstar

I can't vote on this one. I've never even considered staying at either one... -- avantgardeinker

---
Given that you can't get a free dining plan, Question #70 asked whether you would stay with a paid dining plan, or go without the dining plan. 61% chose to stay with the dining plan.

Definitely DDP. I think it's a good value, but maybe the biggest benefit for me is the pre-paid aspect. I like being on vacation and not having to budget or worrry about money. -- biodtl

We do not use the dining plan. It is just too much food for us. -- Tink's Mom

---
Previous reviews:
Questions 1-10 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103415)
Questions 11-20 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=104399)
Questions 21-30 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=105376)
Questions 31-40 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=106508)
Questions 41-50 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107392)
Questions 51-60 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=108388)

January-2007
07-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the overview! I don't know how I missed this one! It's so interesting to see how all the polls turned out, sometimes quite surprising while other times quite as I expected. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together!