PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I didn't make a mistake

gauvin4
07-05-2007, 09:14 AM
I just purchased MVMCP tickets for 12/21 which is on a Friday. Please tell me I didn't make a mistake. I debated whether or not to buy them but my son really wants to do this. I thought it was important to let him & his sister to be involved with the planning and this is what he really wanted to do. I know it will be crowded but this was the only date that we could go. Please make me feel better about my decision!

faline
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM
That is one of the days that is likely to sell out but, don't despair! I'll bet you'll still have a wonderful time!

When I go, I don't even plan to go on the rides.

Generally, you can get in the park around 4 pm on your park tickets. Try to make a advanced dining reservation for 5 or 5:30 at Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's. That way, you'll be all fed and ready to enjoy the party festivities.

We generally try to do the shows that are not offered during the regular park hours such as the the holiday show at the Castle. If the park is really crowded, we skip the first parade. We head over to Main Street for the fireworks and, once the fireworks are over, you'll see a mass exodus from the park. At this point, we find a nice place to watch the later parade.

Generally works out well!

SurferStitch
07-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Since you already know it will be crowded, you won't be disappointed with the crowds once you're there. Just plan out what you want to see and when, and you'll be fine.

If you do plan to do any rides, try to hold off until after the second parade. The crowds drop off significantly after that. We went to a sold out MNSSHP in 2004 (Halloween night), and the park was almost empty by around 10:30-11:00 pm.

We are going to the 12/11 MVMCP, and having dinner at LTT at 5:00 that day. We also did this last year, and we were out in plenty of time for the start of the party. I definitely recommend eating in the MK so you don't lose any time getting to the MK and waiting in line to get in the park.

You'll have a great time!! The shows are wonderful, as are the fireworks and the "snow" on Main Street. :sleigh::santa3::snowman:

EmcDuckRN
07-05-2007, 09:43 AM
We love to go in December and have sometimes bought MVMCP tix for mutiple nights. (yeah, we've got it bad!) We absolutely love it. In our opinion You didn't make a mistake at all. :mickey:

Even if it is crowded, (remember that they do limit the number of tickets sold, and during that week it will seem like it isn't that bad) the park starts to clear after the special wishes show at 9:00 We are usually able to finish every ride in Fantasyland before the park closes.

My kids especially love the wishes show then, the some of the fireworks look like presents followed by happy faces, (but then Disney always did have the best fireworks) They haven't seen it for two years and Still talk about it.

You should have a great time.

MsMin
07-05-2007, 10:09 AM
We've done MVMCP for the past 4yrs and have enjoyed it. About 1/2 that time has been sold out and by the time you finish w/ so many of the activities and as mentioned after wishes the park really clears out. The longest lines we had were in Space Mnt and Buzz last year. We did BTRR about 4x's w/ no wait. It's fun. We miss the family picture and will miss going this year but we've enjoyed it.

gauvin4
07-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I knew I could count on everyone to make me feel better about going to MVMCP.:thumbsup: I appreciated everyone's input. I have an ADR at Liberty Tree for 5:00. My son is looking forward to it.:mickey:

browneyedgirl12
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Since you already know it will be crowded, you won't be disappointed with the crowds once you're there. Just plan out what you want to see and when, and you'll be fine.

If you do plan to do any rides, try to hold off until after the second parade. The crowds drop off significantly after that. We went to a sold out MNSSHP in 2004 (Halloween night), and the park was almost empty by around 10:30-11:00 pm.

We are going to the 12/11 MVMCP, and having dinner at LTT at 5:00 that day. We also did this last year, and we were out in plenty of time for the start of the party. I definitely recommend eating in the MK so you don't lose any time getting to the MK and waiting in line to get in the park.

You'll have a great time!! The shows are wonderful, as are the fireworks and the "snow" on Main Street. :sleigh::santa3::snowman:

:offtopic: Is the snow actually snow or is it the suds that they have in MGM at the Osbourne Lights??

DisneyorBust
07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
It is the same 'suds' style of snow that Disney Studios creates. One of me DD's tasted some a few years ago....:ack:

LoriMistress
07-07-2007, 12:04 AM
It's going to be packed. It's on a Friday, the last day of the MVMCP, and it's the closest to Christmas. It will be packed, with lots of locals, and will be sold out. If you plan effectively there should be no problem.

GrmGrninGost
07-07-2007, 01:05 AM
NO WAY did you make a mistake!! :mickey: The MVMCP is AWESOME! It doesn't matter which night you go, even when it's sold out it's not that many people there. Plus, there's lots of extra things to do. We hardly ever ride anything at the parties. Too many fun things going on!

Mickey91
07-07-2007, 02:13 AM
You didn't make a mistake! It is the best!!! In comparison to the rest of your week, the party shouldn't seem too crowded. Plus, there is no guarantee that it won't sell out on any given night. I believe each year, more and more will sell out. Go and have a wonderful time!!! Eat an extra cookie for me!!! YUM!!!!:mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
07-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Mistake??
NO WAY!!! :thumbsup: