PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Find something that was seen at Fort Wilderness campsite's

Disneyfamilyoffive
07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Hello all can, I am hoping that some one will be able to help. We were recently at the campground and we saw Lamp post with MIckey heads for the globes at different campsites, some had the family names on a sign hanging from the post others were just the Lamp post. I have searched the internet and disney webistes and have yet to find them. If anyone knows where they can be found or even if they know they are not available anymore thay would be great as well Thank you :mickey:

SoaringEpcot
07-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Right now I don't think you can buy it pre-made yet. You will have to make it yourself. I made one and it did not take long, the hardest part was find all of the pieces. I will PM you the website that has the instructions.

Disneyfamilyoffive
07-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Thank you very much for the info, We would have probably thought of trying to make it sooner or later, Thanks

casey@bat
07-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Right now I don't think you can buy it pre-made yet. You will have to make it yourself. I made one and it did not take long, the hardest part was find all of the pieces. I will PM you the website that has the instructions.

Will you send this to me also please?

TinkInTraining
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM
me three please?? :mickey:

mickey98
07-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Could you send it to me also.. Thanks

Mickey95
07-14-2007, 01:40 AM
We saw thost lamp posts last year when we were there and was wondering where to find them. We were thinking that we would need to make one ourselves, if you can send me the website so we can make it that would be great we are going down in Nov. and would love to take it with us. :mickey:

Tink's Friend
07-14-2007, 04:40 PM

Will you send it to me, too, please? We're going down in October and this sounds really neat. :mickey:

Thanks!

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

Camping Mom
07-26-2007, 11:01 PM
You might as well send it to all of us...this would be so awesome...thanks for the offer. I want it, too!!:mickey:

TINKERBELL_82
07-27-2007, 11:29 AM

Sorry to be a pain, but can you send it to me too if you have a moment?? We're headed up a few weeks and this sounds really cute!!

Thank you!!

karamac
08-09-2007, 03:26 PM
hi, I would also love this website thanks in advance

medic9016
08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
We bought everthing at Lowes for less than $50. I took about 30 min to finish minus paint. I did crack the first large globe. They are very easy to build.

Clotho
08-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Can you at least post pics of what you're referring to?

SgtTigger
08-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Can you at least post pics of what you're referring to?

Yes please I got to see this.......

:cop: :tigger:

medic9016
08-29-2007, 11:37 AM
This is the first time I have posted pictures. I'm sorry it took so long. I hope this clears up what the post is about. The next one I'm going to try is a hanging Mickey with out the post.

MICKEY LAMP POST.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ixxtfo0.i81by78&x=0&y=-slxdfj

Zakerdog
08-29-2007, 11:46 AM
I would love a link to the instructions if you have time to PM me, thanks

medic9016
08-29-2007, 12:54 PM
I did not have any instruction. I got all my parts at lowes. Here is a list from top to bottom.

2 4" Polycarb globes
1 8" Polycarb globe
1 Ceramic light kit
1 3" PVC drain
1 4" to 3" PVC reducer
1 3" PVC pipe 4'
1 3" PVC coupler
1 3" PVC spigot flange
1 14" Metal planter
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=ixxtfo0.lz4gtno&x=0&y=1jhgec

The only tools I used was a 3 1/4" hole saw , cordless drill, and some hand tools for the flange.

Use masking tape on the large globe where you are goin to cut your holes plus 2" on both sides. Mark and cut your holes(very slow). I busted my first globe. I then glued and used hose clamps to hold my ears. Then I used clear silicon to seal them. I did not glue any of my pvc. Attach the ceramic light fixture to the PVC drain. Attach the reducer to the 3" pipe. Then run you electric cord from the bottom up. Depending what size electrical cord you use you may have to cut a small slot in the drain. About 4" to 6" from the bottom of your pipe drill a hole for your cord. Slide in the cord and wire you light fixture. Now you can bolt the flange to the bottom of you planter, add the 3" coupler to the flange. No you can place the post in the coupler and your post will stand by itself. I used brass screws to hold my Mickey to the lamp post. I took everything back apart and painted with black spray paint. I'm sure there are thing that can be changed ,but this was the way I came up with. Good luck. You can PM me if you need to. The next one I do will have a hard wired dusk to dawn on/off switch on it. I tried the screw in kind and was not happy with the way it worked. Mine ended up being 6 1/2 feet tall.

Zakerdog
09-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Thank you for that information, I appreciate you taking the time to type it all out.:thumbsup: