PDA

View Full Version : Web site says they can "guarantee" but I can't choose a room!

mouseketeer mom
07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Pursuing a 7 nite cruise, I checked on choosing our stateroom which we would like to do. The web site said sorry, but they couldn't let us choose a stateroom for the cruise and dates selected, however they would guarantee that category or better for us. Whats the deal? Sounds sketchy to me.

Lorraine444
07-04-2007, 07:55 PM
It's not sketchy....
That is in fact how it works.
I would specifically tell them you don't want a room by the engine of the boat!!!!!
Kinda like a room @ POP, you can ask for it, but they won't guarantee it.
Sorry for the bad news.

TammiMcMan
07-04-2007, 08:55 PM
What category stateroom? The guarantees are typically done for the lower levels. Historically, these sell out first because they're the least expensive. As the inventory gets depleted, those with a "guaranteed" stateroom are upgraded to a higher level at no additional charge. This frees up those less expensive staterooms, so that they can be released back into inventory. If it's something you're not comfortable with, you can call DCL and try to select a stateroom in your category over the phone.

mouseketeer mom
07-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Tammi,
Its a cat. 4 Family stateroom with verandah. We chose our room when we cruised last year. The only bright side I can see is that we might be "bumped" up! However, thats a lot of money to spend blindly, without knowing where your room will be. Makes me sort of nervous.

TammiMcMan
07-05-2007, 08:19 AM
If it's a category 4, then I am very surprised that you cannot select a stateroom on your own. I just checked the Easter cruise in March 2008 and it allowed me to select a room, so that is strange. The only bump up, is to go into a suite, but there are very few of them on board and they almost always sell out. Most cat 4's are in a fine location, but a few are under the Goofy pool, which may get a bit noisy on deck party nights. Also a few have the solid railing around the verandah as opposed to the clear plexiglass.