PDA

View Full Version : What is better?

Top_Scarer
07-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Which meal would be better (all the way around..meal and who is there)...the princess breakfast / lunch in Norway or the breakfast in the castle. I have a 4 year old DD that Loves all the princesses, but I think her seeing Snow white would be great (since she will be dressed like her!!)
Any info would be greatly appreciated!! I am having a hard time deciding :mickey:

glenpreece
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Each time I have been to the Princess bfast in Norway Snow White has been there. There is no guarantee who will be at any character meal. Norway is much easier to get into then the Castle. we had lunch in the Castle in 05 and she was there with Cinderella, Aurora, Belle and Mary Poppins. At Norway we have had Belle, Aurora, Jasmine, Mulan and Snow White at bfast. The castle is great for ambience but I'd take Norway over it just because it is so much easier to get into and cheaper.

Top_Scarer
07-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks! That is exactly the type of info I needed:thumbsup:
Why do you say it is easier to get to though...

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-04-2007, 10:28 PM
We have not eaten in the Castle. We tried to get ADR'S twice in years past and could not get them. So, we tried Akershus three years ago for dinner and were hooked. :cloud9:

It is the only ADR we have for our upcoming trip in September.

Snow White has been there all three times. Cinderella too. Last year Jasmine, Belle and Aurora were there. Ariel was in the foyer for pics.

We love the atmosphere, food and the Princess interaction.

Can you tell we are fans?! :blush:

DDuck66
07-05-2007, 11:11 AM
We have done both and I like Norway better for the food and the interaction...but there is something magical about eating at the Castle. If you have never done it, it is really worth doing...but genearlly speaking I think Norway is better.

Disney4
07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I much prefer the Norway experience.

The food is better and you get more of a unique selection of princesses. It is also the only place I have seen Ariel, which was a great experience for my daughter. :thumbsup:

moe513
07-05-2007, 02:03 PM
We like the castle better.The adrs have been hard to get .You need to try at 180 days out.I have gotten them in less days but not during the busy season. We think the food is much better at the castle. We saw cindy, belle in her blue dress,aurura,snow white and the fairy godmother. At Norway we saw Belle in yellow,mulan,mary poppins and I cant rerember for sure who else. They are both great for little girls.

Disney Doll
07-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I prefer the Norway breakfast. The food is good, the interaction is good, and the ADRs are so much easier to come by. However, you are nit guaranteed to see Snow White. The last time we were there Snow White did not appear.

irish1967
07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I asked my sister-in-law to poll my nieces who had the opportunity to do both meals last year.

DN(age 6 at the time) said she would go back to Norway if she had to choose - she liked seeing and getting her picture taken with the multiple princesses.

DN(age 4 at the time) said she doesn't remember the meals/princesses but DID remember going to eat at the castle.

My sister-in-law preferred the castle - she liked the atmosphere...

Hope that helps.

meldan98
07-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Has the food changed with the addition of the princesses at Norway? We ate there in 1998 and I ate there and couldn't stand the pickled herring and all of the other odd things that they had there to eat. My dad thought it would be wonderful and he loved it, but me and the other two in our party couldn't stand it either. :sick: I really hope they changed the food, cause there is no way my DD is going to like the food.

playdead88
07-08-2007, 08:26 AM
bfast in the castle is our pick - we really go for the magic factor - the food is an afterthought - my dd wanted in that castle from the moment she saw it so thats why we always do cinderella bfast - plus we always book it early and the walk up mainstreet when the park isnt open yet is one of our favorite parts of the morning - not to mention the food at bfast is good. :princess:

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Just so you know, your 180 day window for ADR's has come and gone -- which isn't a big deal for most places in December, but it is for the castle.

Unless you want to spent the next 5 months diligently calling Disney Dining every morning at 7am EST, your best bet is to just get an ADR at Norway, their princess breakfast is supposed to be wonderful and you will probably have no trouble getting in. And I believe your princess assortment will be superior there :)

Tink's Mom
07-08-2007, 11:17 AM
We loved the breakfast at Akershus in Norway. We thought the food was excellent and my DD's loved seeing all of the princesses. They each went to every table for autographs and photos. Maybe also try an early dinner reservation at the castle. We went a few minutes early last time for our 5:30 ADR, and they were not very busy yet. Cinderella came into the waiting area, and spent quite a bit of time with my DD's. She took several photos and asked really cute questions like, "What color is your carraige"?, and "What land is your castle in"?. Hope whatever you decide that you have a great trip!