PDA

View Full Version : Bus from MGM to MK??

poohbear12880
07-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Does anyone know if there is a bus from MGM to MK that runs during the summer? We wanted to see Fantasmic and then go to MK for EMH.
Thank you!

Squeaky Mouse
07-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes, the buses run between all of the parks all of the year.

moe513
07-04-2007, 03:13 PM
I didnt think they did. Do they run as often. Where do you pick them up?? Are they with the resort busses?

joelkfla
07-04-2007, 07:04 PM
There is a bus from MGM to the Transportation & Ticket Center, and then you'll have to catch the Monorail or Ferryboat to the MK entrance. I believe it runs the same as the resort buses, about every 20 minutes.

If you feel like walking, another option is to take the bus to the Contemporary, where there is about a half mile long footpath under the Monorail beam to the MK.

DDuck66
07-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I am pretty sure that there are no buses that run from Park to Park. You can either catch the first bus to another resort and from there to MK or take the boat from MGM to a resort and then get on the bus to the MK. You can also get a bus to the TTC as mentioned above and then take the monorail to the MK. I would give myself at least 45 minutes travel time to get from one to the other.

Jared
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Buses do run between parks! In May I took a bus from Epcot after IllumiNations: Reflections Earth to the Disney-MGM Studios for Extra Magic Hours. I thought buses run between all four parks, but perhaps they do not go straight to the Magic Kingdom. I'm sure, at the very least, buses run from parks to the Transportation and Ticket Center, which has continuing service to the Magic Kingdom.

Scar
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
From INTERCOT's Info Central:
How to get to the Magic Kingdom?

Take: Bus to Transportation and Ticket Center, then Monorail or Ferryboat

Simbafan73
07-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Suggest take boat to Epcot and then Monorail to MK.

Piglet822
07-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Buses do run between parks! In May I took a bus from Epcot after IllumiNations: Reflections Earth to the Disney-MGM Studios for Extra Magic Hours. I thought buses run between all four parks, but perhaps they do not go straight to the Magic Kingdom. I'm sure, at the very least, buses run from parks to the Transportation and Ticket Center, which has continuing service to the Magic Kingdom.

Jared is correct. Buses run between parks with the exception of MK. To catch a bus from/to the MK to/from another park you must use the TTC as your transfer point.

Just remember you'll have to transfer to the MK monorail at the TTC. The monorail does not go directly from Epcot to MK.

From MGM to MK take the bus to TTC and catch either the ferry or monorail over to the park.
I keep an eye on which bus comes first. If it's the Contemporary bus I'd take that and walk to MK. I did this the other day from DD and it worked beautifully!!

joelkfla
07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Just remember you'll have to transfer to the MK monorail at the TTC. The monorail does not go directly from Epcot to MK.
You'd also have to queue up at the I-Gateway park entrance, walk to the main entrance, and then walk to the bus stops, which all together would add at least 15 minutes to your travel time.

Take the TTC bus and transfer once, or take the Contemporary bus and enjoy the 10-minute walk to the MK.

Piglet822
07-07-2007, 10:01 PM
You'd also have to queue up at the I-Gateway park entrance, walk to the main entrance, and then walk to the bus stops, which all together would add at least 15 minutes to your travel time.

Thanks, Joel. I forgot that little minor detail :blush: