PDA

View Full Version : Needs some Pixie Dus/Feelin' Down

DisneyDreams09
07-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Hey all!
Just felt like venting my woes,
To some it is miniscule,(and it is compared to most problems) but I am on the verge of tears because it will be 09 before I even will be able to attempt to return to WDW,
I am finally going to start college after a few years hiatus since high school and I KNOW this is something that is very critical for my families future, and I have no qualms about that but.... I miss Disney so much and having only been once I can barely stand to think how long it is going to be before I can get to do things I want to so bad...but I need to use disney as a reward to help get through the rought college times... :mad:
Just feeling a little down in the dumps
Hope I didn't upset anyone :)
Happy travels to all those who will be going soon! :D

Dizneyfan
07-04-2007, 02:04 AM
I'm sooo sorry that you won't be returning to the world until 2009. In the end it will be well worth it. I'm in college right now and I have made a few trips. It's really hard with school and all. I have a wonderful dh that loves disney now just as much as I do. Just think you have something to look forward to when you get out of college.:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
07-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm sorry that you won't be able to go sooner. I would be very sad too. If it's any consolation, the time will fly by and you will be making plans before you know it. It's good that you are going to go to college :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

gauvin4
07-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Best of luck to in college. I understand what you are going through. What a great reward for yourself to keep you motivated. It will be worth it in the end.:mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
07-04-2007, 08:47 AM
DisneyDreams09,

I was in this exact situation up until this past May. I went to WDW in 97 and 99 and fell in love with it more than ANYONE else in my family did.

Then we never returned. Ever since about 2001 I was trying to make plans to go with money that I had saved, and friends of mine said they'd go too, but then would always back out...frustrating and depressing!

Just this past May, I graduated college and received my Communications degree. Two gruelling years in college paid off though - because at the end of that, I went to WDW and it was the BEST reward for finishing college EVER!

The only downside is that I missed my convocation/cap and gown ceremony.

However, I just made sure I went down Splash Mountain at the exact time I would have been at the grad ceremony, and it was all good.

Your college time will pass quickly, I promise. It'll be a bit of stress but just keep in mind that Mickey is at the end of the tunnel :mickey: Here's some Pixie Dust for you - all the best! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Chris :hatter:

vizsla
07-04-2007, 09:42 AM
So sorry to hear that you won't be able to return to WDW until 2009, but the wait will be worth it in the long run.

kakn7294
07-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I understand where you are coming from. It will be a while before we return after our upcoming trip in August as well. It's so hard to wait but the rewards of your schooling will be worth it. Best of luck to you and keep focused on that reward at the end!

DisneyDreams09
07-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanx so much everyone, it is beyond comforting to know that I am not alone in this :) I'll keep you updated on school and ...
:tink: pixie dust to all of you! I hope your upcoming trips are the best ever! Keep me posted on your trip reports!

Mickey91
07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I know how you feel! Though at the moment we have been fortunate to go every year, we only went twice in the 90s. I thought I would go crazy!!! But, time went by pretty quick and your time will too. Just think, with a college degree, you'll be able to go every year too!!! :thumbsup::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixi e:

Marilyn Michetti
07-09-2007, 09:24 PM
You'll be amazed at how the time will fly. You'll be so busy, and the rewards from your accomplishments will be timeless.:thumbsup:

Since you have to put Disney on the back-burner for awhile anyway, concentrate on other upcoming events. Christmas is less than six months away, so focus on how you can make it super for your family on a budget. Plan your life in increments - first things first - your goals - then your reward. You plan the best trip ever for '09.:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I can understand your sorrow at not having a trip planned. I haven't gone since Dec 05 and now have exactly 7 weeks to go until the next trip. The time will go by, maybe not as quickly as you would like though. Do great in school!

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
09-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Hey Sis
When mom and i go
ill try to get a pic wit cinderella
and i will decline if they ask us to stay at the castle

YOU OWE ME

Belle619
09-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I was actually convinced to go back and get my Master's degree by my sister saying she'd take me to Disneyland when I graduated (I had never been to either park in my entire life!) It was great - the last six months of my program flew by because every night I would come home and plan my trip!

And, think about it this way - it is almost the end of September already -and with the hoidays coming up, it will be 2008 before you know it and then you'll only have one more year to go. Then, with Intercot and the Disney website, you'll be ready to start planning your trip about 6-9 months out and that will really make the time fly by. We're planning our next WDW trip for February and even though it is five months away, it sometimes feels like it is right around the corner because there is so much preparation to do. Be glad that you have a lot of time to make it the best trip ever.

Lastly, lucky you, will have the benefit of seeing a lot of great rides after they have been improved upon (i.e. Haunted Mansion, Space - if the rumors are true.) and new rides that are on the horizion (i.e. Toy Story).

Congrats on going back to school - you made the right decision! :mickey: