PDA

View Full Version : Family of 5, best place

RTodd
07-03-2007, 06:53 PM
We are a family of 5 - Three kids 7,3 and 3. Where is the best place to stay? Most hotels only accomodate 4. We can't really afford a big fancy suits, but a regular room in a moderate or delux hotel is do-able.

Suggestions?

RockChalkKimball
07-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Port Orleans Riverside has a section called Alligator Bayou. The rooms have 2 double beds and a trundle bed that pulls out from under one of the beds. My DS and DD took turns sleeping on it when they were around 10 and 15. It will work fine for your little ones. I think it says that you have to pay extra for it, but when we stayed there, we were not charged for it. I think there are a couple of deluxes that have day-beds. Someone who knows more will be along soon with more info.

TammiMcMan
07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Many people find that 2 rooms at a value is sometimes the best way to go... double your space and 2 bathrooms.

Here are some other options though:

AllStar Family suites - offer a separate bedroom, living room and small kitchen area, sleeps 6 @ $179

POR - Mod room with pull out trundle bed, sleeps 5 @ $160

FW Cabin - definitely not roughing it, bedroom with bed and bunk beds, living room with murphy bed, full kitchen $249

CR - deluxe resort sleeps 5, steps to MK, largest standard rooms on property, standard wing room $259

YC/BC/BWI - deluxe resort sleeps 5 (smaller child on daybed), steps to Epcot & MGM, great pool, standard view $315

Prices shown are 2007 value season rates per night. If you can swing it, I would have to say that the FW cabin or CR are your best value.

CU Tiger
07-03-2007, 09:04 PM
We feel you can not beat the FW cabins for a larger group. :thumbsup: The six of us have stayed there for four times over the past four years. There is a double bed, two bunk bends, and a Murphy bed. The other advantage is having a full kitchen and living area. There is also a lot to do in FW and the price is very reasonable. This is the best-kept secret :secret:at DW. :mickey:

andreallybadeggs
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
If you can afford it our family thinks there is no better way to go than deluxe. We love them all but since our daughter is such a Magic Kingdom fan we're particularly fond of all the monorail resorts (Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian) where we practically float on pixie dust. "Standard" rooms sleep 5 since there is a plenty comfortable day bed + two queens.:mickey:
Just noticed this was your first post. Welcome!

irish1967
07-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Until our last trip (different group of people and circumstances) we have been staying at the deluxe resorts on the MK monorail (CR, GF, and Poly) with 5 people (3 ADULTS and 2 children.)

Other than finding that there isn't enough space to spread out our "stuff" we have never felt overly crowded in the rooms. But, quite frankly, that makes packing to leave :( a lot easier on the last day (dirtly clothes are folded and put in one suitcase daily)

DH and I take one bed, the boys take the second and Grandpa gets the day bed.

moe513
07-04-2007, 10:44 AM
We are also 5 and it can be challenging. We prefer to stay were there is a day bed because we prefer those locations over getting 2 rooms elsewhere. They are cr,poly,bwi,bc,yc. My dd age 14 sleeps on the daybed with no problem.Shes about 5'2". My brothers family of 5 always goes with the cabins. They sound great with the kitchen and 2 rooms but not for me.