PDA

View Full Version : "Free" Theme Park Souvenirs

WeLuvBuzz
07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Last summer at the parks we got a nice plastic glass from an ice cream ship in Tomorrowland. Once year we got balancing dolphins for our cups at Living Seas. Does anyone know where else we can get take home plastic cups etc. within the theme parks? My kids are 14 and up so cups with kids meals do not work. I like to call these my "free" souvenirs.

Christine
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
In the Magic Kingdom, we got a frozen coke from Scuttles (by Ariel's Grotto) and it came in a big plastic cup that says "Magic Kingdom" with a drawing of Cinderella Castle. It has a big flexi straw too.

kakn7294
07-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Another "free" souvenir - the popcorn buckets at many of the popcorn carts! We have discovered that they are different at the different carts too. They make great decorative storage containers when you return home.

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't know about the cups, but if you happen to have the Disney Visa card, be sure to bring it with you and take advantage of the card members only character meet and greet in epcot where you'll receive a free 5 X 7 photo!
Lauren

Mickey Magic
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
:mickey:At the popcorn carts in the MK by Walt and Mickey...Great Magic Kingdom cups for less than $3. The same style have been around for years. I have a few from the late 80's and some from June!:mickey:

frakers
07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
You can build a robot at the plastics demonstration in Inoventions in EPCOT. You make him with as many (or as few) colors as you want and you get to keep him. On rare ocassions you may find glow in the dark pieces. It's a pretty neat extra, if you don't mind the demonstration they make you watch. We have so many of them, we have our own little army.

mickey-mouse35
07-04-2007, 03:08 PM
You can build a robot at the plastics demonstration in Inoventions in EPCOT. You make him with as many (or as few) colors as you want and you get to keep him. On rare ocassions you may find glow in the dark pieces. It's a pretty neat extra, if you don't mind the demonstration they make you watch. We have so many of them, we have our own little army.

This sounds cool! My nephew loves robots--would love to bring him back one. Is this in Innoventions East or West?

mickey-mouse35
07-04-2007, 03:09 PM
If you're staying onsite, I think the Mickey Mouse soap and shampoos make fun keepsakes! I even saw some for sale for big bucks at an antique store recently! :mickey:

mars
07-04-2007, 04:42 PM
At AK, if you order a float you get a spoon/straw with Goofy in safari attire holding on to the straw. I think you can get it throughout the park, but I purchased my rootbeer floats at a stand in Camp Micky Minnie and also at the stand just outside of the Tusker House restaurant

mrsgaribaldi
07-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Whenever we need napkins I grab a few extra so that by the end of the trip I have a small pile, then I use them at home. It makes me happy to see them:blush:

browneyedgirl12
07-04-2007, 06:27 PM
At Tony's Town Square resuraunt if you order the milkshake (i think) you get to keep the glass it comes in but it costs like 12 bucks so you really are paying for it but it is really nice and has lady and the tramp on one side and tony on the other :mickey::mickey:

kakn7294
07-04-2007, 09:45 PM
At AK, if you order a float you get a spoon/straw with Goofy in safari attire holding on to the straw. I think you can get it throughout the park, but I purchased my rootbeer floats at a stand in Camp Micky Minnie and also at the stand just outside of the Tusker House restaurant
We got a Pluto one at the snack cart near KS (at least I think that's where we were at the time) when we got a frozen lemonade.

squijee
07-05-2007, 09:47 AM
We are going in oct. with my sister and her family....my nephew would love the robot...where is it exactly:confused:

BrerStitch
07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
You can build the robot at Innoventions East at the Fantastic Plastic Works station! Have fun.:mickey:

EmcDuckRN
07-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Another cup to keep is from the smoothie place in Tomorrowland. The smoothies were good too!

cvzdesign
07-05-2007, 10:40 AM
At Liberty Tree Tavern, the drink my daughter got came with a tinkerbell or captain hook light up clip.

Jared
07-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Whenever we need napkins I grab a few extra so that by the end of the trip I have a small pile, then I use them at home. It makes me happy to see them:blush:
We do the same thing. I guess New Yorkers think alike. ;)

kathiep
07-05-2007, 12:31 PM
I guess it's not just New Yorker's.;)

I got a nice chuckle last fall when we were in Six Flags. I pulled a napkin from my DD's attached stroller bag and it was from the MK.

That really made me wish I was in another park!