PDA

View Full Version : Pixie dust for our pets

Tynkerbelle
07-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Can I get some pixie dust for my cat and my sister's dog?!

My cat is 19 and I just got word that her recent blood work shows she has a thyroid condition and that her liver enzymes are elevated. They can manage the thyroid problem with medication, but as of now we're not sure of the cause of her liver problem. The vet wants to give her a few weeks on the medicine to see if the liver issue is related to the thyroid.

Also, my sister's dog is in the hospital having tests. She was throwing up and had diarrhea yesterday and my sister noticed her stool was bloody. By the time she got her to the vet, she was just bleeding. They kept her overnight and are giving her antibiotics, fluids, etc. and are hoping to see improvement today. So far, her blood work hasn't shown anything... She's such a sweet little girl (she's 13).

We're both heartbroken that our baby girls are having health problems!

Thanks!!

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 04:05 PM
So sorry, :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for :cat: and :dog: I hope they are both feeling better soon:mickey:

DizNee143
07-03-2007, 04:17 PM
awwwwwwwww...
its soo hard when pets get sick...
pixie dust on the way for your furry friends!!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

kakn7294
07-03-2007, 05:40 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for your pets! It's so hard when our furry friends aren't well. My dog went through the elevated liver enzyme thing 4 years ago when she was about 7yo. She needed surgery for an infected lump (would not pay for the biopsy so we don't know what this lump was) and we discovered in her pre-op bloodwork that her enzymes were so high that if they had put her under she would have died. We had to follow a strict diet and give her medication but it worked and a few months later she was back to normal and had the required surgery. We never did find the cause but suspect it was either due to the infected lump in the first place or due to heartworm medication which I don't give her anymore. I'm happy to say that she's still as alive and obnoxious as ever!

mtown71
07-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Plenty of pixie dust on the way! Let us know how it goes!!!!!!

Ms.Disney
07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
I also have a kitty thats 19 hope they get better soon!:pixie:

Tynkerbelle
07-04-2007, 05:03 PM
The vet went in this morning to check on the "hospitalized" animals and said that Sasha (my sister's dog) is doing better! She's perkier and has not had anymore incidences of diarrhea or vomiting. It looks like she'll be coming home tomorrow!

Now, hopefully my kitty will respond to her medication.

kakn7294
07-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Good news! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your kitty too!

MsMin
07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Sending more :pixie: for the babies. It's so hard when they are sick b/c they can't tell us what's wrong and they seem so helpless:(
Hope they both pull through this soon.