PDA

View Full Version : Reservations On-Board

Dopeyrocks
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
I will be a first time Disney Cruiser in September. However, I am a little disappointed that when I went on line first thing this morning to book my activities, everything was already full. Today was the first day that I could make reservations, so I am quite surprised that there was no availability. Does Disney hold spots until the day of departure? What are my chances that I'll be able to make reservations once I'm on board? And on a totally different note, does anyone know the hours of operation for the Oceaneer club?

Thank you

jray21
07-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Last I saw the Oceanerr Club/Lab was open from 9am to midnight and sometimes 1am. It's too bad you were not able to book your activities. There are actually three dates you can start making reservations. Unfortunately since you are a first time cruiser you get the last possible time. If you are staying in a suite or purchased the Romantic escape at sea package you can make reservations 105 days in advance. If you are a Castaway Club member (you have cruised disney before) you can make reservations 90 days in advance. For all others it is 75 days in advance. The computers open up at 12AM and sell out quickly. Unfortunately by the time you logged on people had been reserving for a few hours already. However all is not lost. They usually have openings that are not released online. To get them you have to sign up immediately when you board. I would recommend getting to the port extra early so you can be one of the first ones on board and go immediately to the reservations desk. Just ask where it is when you get there. Also if you will be doing any spa treatment there are some that you are not allowed to make online so you can run to that reservation desk also. I would reccomend going straight to the excursions reservations first as the leftovers go pretty quick. Also make a list of a bunch of excursions for each day so that if a few of your choices are full you have plenty more to pick from. Also write down the times you would like. If you have the normal dining time you may want to avoid excursions latter in the day just in case. Hope this helps.

GreenBeetle
07-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Dopey: What's the date of your September cruise? I ask because we're also first-timers going in September and haven't booked activities yet. We set sail September 2nd.

Dopeyrocks
07-03-2007, 08:13 PM
GreenBeetle: We are booked on the Sept. 16th 4-night Bahamas cruise. Another party that is traveling with us was able to secure their excursions. It was Palo's dining and the spa services that I had wanted that were not available. Hopefully, you have better luck.

Dopeyrocks
07-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Thank you JRay for the info. We live in Fl so I should be able to make it to the port early enough to board quickly and make my way to those reservation desks.

DisneyRN
07-29-2007, 09:20 PM
I too am in this same boat! (no-pun intended)...

I got online first thing on our morning to make reservations. I was able to make all our spa treatments and shore excursions, but Palo was WAY picked over. In fact, the only dining times were on the first night, which we really didn't want. And High Tea and Brunch were not even an option. Either, the didn't release times or everything they released was taken long before us first-timers got there. :mad:

What are my chances of getting reservations for all 3 if we get to port extra early and run to the reservations desk? :confused: Should I even try?

TammiMcMan
07-31-2007, 12:28 PM
but Palo was WAY picked over. In fact, the only dining times were on the first night, which we really didn't want.I actually love eating at Palo on the first night. It's nearly empty and your not rushing because you've basically just gotten on the ship.
Either, the didn't release times or everything they released was taken long before us first-timers got there. :mad:There are only a select number of times available with the online booking option. It all depends on how many suite guests and repeat cruisers they have ahead of you.

What are my chances of getting reservations for all 3 if we get to port extra early and run to the reservations desk? Should I even try?Your chances are actually excellent. They only allow guests to make one Palo reservation for dinner, tea and brunch. That way, everyone has an opportunity to experience it once if they want to. For those hoping for a 2nd reservation, they go onto a wait list. There is a chance that some of the more popular excursions will sell out though. Those are the ones you have to be careful of.