PDA

View Full Version : Instead of Stitch’s Great Escape?

BigG007
07-03-2007, 08:55 AM
So what ride would you install instead of Stitch’s Great Escape, and would you theme it on a character?

DisneyJunkie
07-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I hated Alien Encounter and I hate Stitch's Escape even more.....that said, I think what they probably could or should do is turn that area into a laser-tag spot, where perhaps you have to tag certain Disney characters and rack up the points, all the while tagging other people in there and have it all set up in a maze with fog and strobe lights and so forth. It would prove to be a lot of fun.

DisneyNut2005
07-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh, no! Not another Stitch-bashing thread! :mad: :(

A Foolish Mortal
07-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't. I would keep Stitch. I don't understand why everyone has this "Destroy At All Costs" way of thinking with Stitch. Disney didn't say that every attraction they did would be good. I bet if Alien Encounter wasn't so scary there wouldn't even be a Stitch. Magic Kingdom is supposed to be Magic for everyone, including children, and children couldn't experience Alien Encounter. Now they have a familiar character in an attraction that brings some smaller children some thrills, and I bet they love it. So in a way, it doesn't even matter what we think. The attraction isn't even really for us. So say what you will, but Stitch should stay.

BigG007
07-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I personally preferred Alien encounter, however my DS does loves Stitch. I opened this thread because my previous thread ‘bye to one ride’, Stitch’s Great Escape came out on top.

However perhaps we should change the thread to be "if you could add a new themed ride in WDW what would it be and would it be based on any particular character?"

only 32 days to go :D

Disnamic Duo
07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Magic Kingdom is supposed to be Magic for everyone, including children, and children couldn't experience Alien Encounter.

So then....if an attraction cannot be experienced by little children, it must be shut down? If that's the case then they'd better get busy shutting down attractions - like every one with a height restriction. To quote you (again), "Magic Kingdom is supposed to be Magic for everyone...". It shouldn't be bad to have an attraction that adults enjoy. There are plenty for small children.

To answer the OP, I'd put ETAE back in there. I thought it was much better than Stitch.

BMan62
07-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Since SGE is in Tomorrowland, maybe something based on Meet The Robinsons? I know the film didn't do real well in the theaters, but I think the concept could work.

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't personally have a problem with Stitch (in fact my kids like him), it is just that this attraction doesn't do it for me and it is the only ride that my kids have no interest in riding again. Maybe just keep the character, but change the attraction - PLEASE!

DisneyJunkie
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Actually, both Alien Encounter and Stitch are equally horrible, worthy of complete destruction and never to be even mentioned again. They need to learn that the same concept of attraction just doesn't work in that space. Do something new. Everyone likes a ride, put a ride in there.

indytraveler
07-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I would like another loading ride like Buzz but with the Incredibles. Maybe a 3-D ride where you fight villians. Just my :twocents:

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I love Stitch, but he isn't the only character in the movie...HELLO....why not infuse the rest of them into something? I just couldn't tell you what. That is why I am not an imagineer.:D

I love Mr. Bubbles and Lilo, Nani, David, Plinkly etc.

DizneyRox
07-03-2007, 11:45 AM
How about a talking water fountain... Even that would be a step up.

It can even have Stitch talking, maybe you can hear him inside banging around the pipes, etc.

EmcDuckRN
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
For me Stitch isn't a hate thing. I'm not totally impressed would be closer.

What I don't like is the time sitting in the dark. just sound effects with nothing else except the "chilidog" smell. The dark, nothing going on is the same reason that I am not going back to Sounds dangerous over at the Studios.

Not to mention that some kids, one of mine included hates complete darkness. He wouldn't enjoy the ride at all.

Really Disney could and has done SO much better, this is really the easy way out that ANY park could have done, and let's face it, with Disney, we love them, be we also expect more from them because of that love.

To answer the original question, I would keep the idea, and do a totally new experience based on the stich movies.

The secondary question? I agree with someone else and I'd consider doing something based on the time travel vehicle from Robinson's (I really liked the movie myself)

The unasked question? I'd expand the Star Wars area at the Studios, almost a Star Wars Land section, that would blow H.P. over at the other compnay's park right out of the water.

SurferStitch
07-03-2007, 11:51 AM
So what ride would you install instead of Stitch’s Great Escape, and would you theme it on a character?

None. I wouldn't change it.

Stitch is fine.

Leave it alone. :stitch2:

Ian
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
I'd gut the entire building and start from scratch. Maybe put a top notch dark ride. Think Pirates, only featuring some type of space exploration theme or something.

alilprincessmom
07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't hate SGE, I can't possible HATE anything at WDW. I just think the imagineers could have done much better. As far as what to replace it with, that is a hard one. I guess you could keep the character because so many people do love Stitch, I just think an actual dark ride would be better.

moe513
07-04-2007, 10:55 AM
I dont know but anything would be an improvement. Maybe something with all villians.

Marker
07-04-2007, 11:28 AM
So then....if an attraction cannot be experienced by little children, it must be shut down?

No, but it should also not be dismissed because it is targetted at a younger audience.

There are indeed rides and attractions targetted at younger audiences, just as there are some targetted at older audiences. And they each have their place. "I" don't have to love every attraction and ride. If a ride or attraction has an audience, and is enjoyed my many, even if not me, then it should not be considered a "bad" ride.

Stitch has an audience, there are lots of folks who enjoy it. So in my opinion, there's not a thing wrong with Stitch, even if it's not necessarily my favorite. So I say it's fine just as it is.

Disnamic Duo
07-04-2007, 11:39 AM
No, but it should also not be dismissed because it is targetted at a younger audience.

There are indeed rides and attractions targetted at younger audiences, just as there are some targetted at older audiences. And they each have their place. "I" don't have to love every attraction and ride. If a ride or attraction has an audience, and is enjoyed my many, even if not me, then it should not be considered a "bad" ride.

Stitch has an audience, there are lots of folks who enjoy it. So in my opinion, there's not a thing wrong with Stitch, even if it's not necessarily my favorite. So I say it's fine just as it is.

So then, you think AE should have been left alone? It had "an audience". Basically, Disney should never change anything (as long as some people like it)?

Marker
07-04-2007, 01:39 PM
So then, you think AE should have been left alone? It had "an audience". Basically, Disney should never change anything (as long as some people like it)?

Wow! Well, if that's the conclusion you want to make, go for it.

I'm just saying that there is more than the desires of the individual that goes into determining the success of an attraction. And while the original discussion was concerning Stitch's Great Escape, and not Alien Encounter, I would suspect that it was considered more profitable to make the switch. Obviously the character tie-in, which is nothing new, helps to promote merchandising.

In my opinion, reducing the intensity of the attraction to better attract younger patrons is a very fitting compromise, especially in the Magic Kingdom. The Magic Kingdom is known to be a family park, not a thrill ride park. I think a lot of people evaluate Stitch's Great Escape based on what THEY like, resulting in the attraction often getting trashed since it's intensity was decreased making it less off a "thrill", and therefore THEY don't like it as well. Their evaluation is based on their personal desires, and not overall popularity and profitability, or a "big picture" view of the attraction's place in the overall mission of the park as a whole.

A Foolish Mortal
07-04-2007, 02:20 PM
So then....if an attraction cannot be experienced by little children, it must be shut down? If that's the case then they'd better get busy shutting down attractions - like every one with a height restriction. To quote you (again), "Magic Kingdom is supposed to be Magic for everyone...". It shouldn't be bad to have an attraction that adults enjoy. There are plenty for small children.

No, but the fact that it is geared towards small children, we are not really in a place to criticize it. If it's geared towards younger children, all that matters is that they like it. Magic Kingdom is supposed to be Magic for everyone, and just because a ride is geared towards smaller children and an adult doesn't like it doesn't mean it should be scrapped. They don't care if it wasn't done well or if it wasn't as good as it could've been. They don't pay attention to those things. They are totally caught up in the moment. It isn't bad to have an attraction adults enjoy, but I'm just saying you shouldn't be making Stitch into an attraction adults have to enjoy. It's primarily a kids show. It wasn't meant to satisfy adults. There are also plenty of attractions adults enjoy as well as kids. Every attraction and I mean every one is loved by at least 1 child and 1 adult, no matter who it is geared towards.

Disnamic Duo
07-04-2007, 03:14 PM
...just because a ride is geared towards smaller children and an adult doesn't like it doesn't mean it should be scrapped.
...It isn't bad to have an attraction adults enjoy, but I'm just saying you shouldn't be making Stitch into an attraction adults have to enjoy.

This is a very valid point. In fact, it's my very point...in reverse. AE was really geared towards adults, and because many people felt it wasn't suitable for kids, it was scrapped

...I'm just saying that there is more than the desires of the individual that goes into determining the success of an attraction. And while the original discussion was concerning Stitch's Great Escape, and not Alien Encounter...

...Their evaluation is based on their personal desires, and not overall popularity and profitability, or a "big picture" view of the attraction's place in the overall mission of the park as a whole.

Yes, but apparently there are MANY individuals who feel SGE isn't so successful (it was #1 on the "what should be replaced" poll here on Intercot). It's not just me. I actually don't have a problem with SGE. It's pretty cute (but a little dull too).

The original discussion was about what to replace SGE with. My suggestion was AE.

It is the sum of individuals' personal desires that constitutes the "overall popularity" of an attraction.

RAIDER
07-05-2007, 03:47 AM
I would go for the Incredibles something along the lines of the Jimmy Neutron ( ride ) in Universal were your chasing the bad guys ..... :thumbsup:

Morpheous
07-05-2007, 07:14 AM
It is the sum of individuals' personal desires that constitutes the "overall popularity" of an attraction.

The problem with that reasoning is when your polling for oppinions on something such as a ride you need a diverse group of people. This is why Political Polls and Surveys always try to seek a diverse group of people within the target audiance.

From my Observations most people who hate the SGE attraction are -more often then not- one of two types.

1. People who Loved AE and hate the Tamer SGE.

2. People who hate that style of ride either way.

Either way saying just because a Intercot poll says SGE is the most hated ride doesn't mean that is the common trend amongst the public in general. Someone in this thread stated it best, we love Disney more then most and expect more then most. So we are very set in our oppinions/expectations, and very passionate about said subject. So just because a poll here says its the most hated doesn't really represent the vacationing public as a whole. I've never heard of Stitch being Completly empty due to lack of interest.

Now back onto the Original Topic of the post :).. I really like Stitch as it is.. though at sometpoint it may be replaced once Disney feels they got their moneys worth out of it and more. So if it ended up getting replaced.. Id probably want to replace it with a Science Themed Darkride. Maybe a City of the Future or something not really sure. :)

Stu29573
07-05-2007, 08:14 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the main issue in what kind of attraction can go into that building is space. Mission to Mars, AE, and Stitch have one thing in common; they're shows, not rides. I don't really think there is enough room there for any kind of track system ride.

Martino
07-05-2007, 09:05 AM
My first experience of Alien Encounter was AWESOME! However, the second and third times on different vacations it did nothing for me, the suspense was not there as you knew what was going to happen. Stitch was even worse. I never get this feeling on other attractions at MK like Haunted Mansion and POTC which I can ride over and over again, and each time they're just as good. As for something new - I don't know! but my ideal situation would be to see Walt's COP back open permanently instead of Stitch which could then become the seasonal attraction instead.

Also whilst we are on the subject of change - I would love to see Tarzan Rocks back at AK instead of that boring, dreary Nemo the musical, it just seems to go on and on and on and eventually half the audience falls asleep.

BigG007
07-05-2007, 04:40 PM
I agree with some the comments from Martino, but we must also remember that Disney has all that area still available where the ride “Timekeeper” was.

DizneyRox
07-05-2007, 06:38 PM
I agree with some the comments from Martino, but we must also remember that Disney has all that area still available where the ride “Timekeeper” was.

Timekeeper is now the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor.

LibertyTreeGal
07-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I've posted this before, but what I would really love to see would be some sort of Stitch themed hybrid of Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear, where you are in the motion simulator but able to shoot at the screen. :thumbsup:

Stu29573
07-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I've posted this before, but what I would really love to see would be some sort of Stitch themed hybrid of Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear, where you are in the motion simulator but able to shoot at the screen. :thumbsup:

Hmmmm.... That might actually work. Of course it would be better if the experience were random each time....