PDA

View Full Version : New Pal Mickey worth it?

yasmina
07-03-2007, 07:02 AM
I've read that version 3 is louder and speaks more clearly. Those were our ONLY complaints about him my daughters had (well, except the string to hold him around your neck was uncomfortable).

I've already "kidnapped" him and put him in our suitcase to take with us, since the girls don't know we're going, but am wondering if we would be better off buying the new one? I figure I could smack my forehead, pretend like I hadn't thought of it, then say, "well, I guess we'll have to get a new one". That way, they wouldn't fight over who got to carry the new one on the trip (they would have to take turns like they have in the past), and they would each have one at home, where, new or old, wouldn't make a difference.

What do all you experts think?

TIA

crazykids
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm new to the whole Pal Mickey thing, I haven't used it in the parks yet. I couldn't see paying the price they were selling it at the resort, so I purchased mine from ebay. It looks brand new & w/ shipping I only paid $39. Don't know how the crowd noise wil impact it, but the volume level was plenty loud at home.

True Disney Fan
07-03-2007, 09:11 AM
:mickey:Our Pal Mickey is several years old and he seems to be sounding just as good as he did from the first.He is from the original group.

:thumbsup:He is always a hit with our grandchildren both here at the house and at the Parks. Wouldn't trade him for anything. It does appear that he is updated whenever we have entered the parks after time being away. I have not had to do anything different with him.

:number1:Going back in a couple of weeks and he is ready to go...:mickey::mickey:

Disneyglamour
07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
If you buy one on ebay are they the same? I want one but dear LORD they are expensive in the parks! :spend:

Disneyglamour
07-03-2007, 11:31 AM
...and another question! haha! If you buy an old one on ebay do they automatically update to the new info are you stuck with the same old stuff that he says every time?

beksy
07-03-2007, 12:28 PM
What does the newest one look like?

crazykids
07-03-2007, 12:42 PM
The newest one is the socerer mickey. If you buy the older versions, they will still work in the parks. The only difference is that the older ones will not be able to talk about new rides / shows that weren't in existence at the time the pal mickey was created. They can only be updated automatically with rides / shows they are already programmed to talk about.

MickeysEars
07-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I am torn. I like ours in the tux, but I like the new one as well. However, the decision is made when I look at the price tag.