PDA

View Full Version : good food

pluto 77
07-03-2007, 12:51 AM
going to DL for the first time. looking for good food any ideas?

NotaGeek
07-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Have a great time eating at the DLR! You might want to search this thread, there are lots of active topics with good food suggestions going on already!

ChipDale
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Are you looking for counter service or full service suggestions?

Are you traveling with kids?

pluto 77
07-04-2007, 01:07 AM
We are looking for both counter service and table service meals... and we are NOT traveling with any kids

LibertyTreeGal
07-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Then Blue Bayou is a must :thumbsup: but you must have ressies to get in.

Over at DCA, Pacific Wharf Cafe (CS) is simply to die for -- wonderful salads (and soups) in fresh baked sourdough bread bowls. And they have the most incredible chocolate dipped cream puff that's just about as big as your head (well, maybe a bit smaller).

tinkwest
07-08-2007, 10:21 AM
My DH would choose to eat at the Plaza Inn on Disneyland's Main Street every visit if we let him because he LOVES the fried chicken. :tasty: They also have pot roast, pasta, and main dish size salads. Desserts and drinks, if chosen are charged separately. This is a "buffeteria" - get a tray, go to the station serving the main dish of your choice, pass through the dessert/drink line, end up at cashier. You then choose your own table either inside or outside. You can also request your meal "to go" and they will put it in a box rather than on a plate. Kids meals (sorry don't remember what they are specifically) are available, too. These meal choices are for lunch & dinner only. Breakfast time at the Plaza Inn is a character breakfast and completely different.

DS especially likes Storyteller's Café at the Grand California Hotel. :eat: It can be very crowded during peak dining hours, but practically empty if you go when most others might be at the parks. Breakfast (character meal) offers you a choice of buffet or menu ordering and sometimes at dinner they also offer a buffet along with the regular menu. We can't get enough of the Cobb Salad they serve at lunchtime. Delicious & huge! I believe they close between breakfast, lunch, & dinner services so I always call ahead if we decide to eat there, just to make sure they are open before we walk all the way over there. Disney Dining is (714) 781-3463.

For something special we really like the Japanese restaurant, Yamabuki, located at the Paradise Pier Hotel. A little more pricey but very delicious and relaxing atmosphere. It never seems to be super busy, which always concerns me because I start to worry that they might close down. We have never had anything other than great food and excellent service here. Beer and sake are available. :beer:

For counter service I like Redd Rockett's Pizza Port in Disneyland's Tommorowland. Pizza, pasta, and salads are all yummy! :woohoo:

I enjoy so many places at the DLR I could go on & on. There are a few that I loved that are sadly gone now and some that I wonder how they have survived for as long as they have. But overall, I think the dining choices have really improved over the years.

BrerGnat
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Lots of good dining around DLR. Some of my favorites are:

IN DISNEYLAND:
Redd Rocket's Pizza Port-Tomorrowland (CS)
Rancho del Zocalo-Frontierland (CS)
River Belle Terrace-Adventureland/Frontierland (CS)
-Blue Bayou (TS)
-Cafe Orleans (TS)

IN DCA:
Taste Pilot's Grill :thumbsup: (CS)
Corn Dog Castle (CS)

In Downtown Disney/Hotels:
-Whitewater Snacks (GCH) (CS)
-Jazz Kitchen Express (DtD) (CS)
-Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (TS)
-Naples (TS)
-Napolini (CS)
-ESPN Zone (TS)
-Hook's Pointe (DLH) (TS)

SebastiansDisneyMama
07-10-2007, 07:09 AM
I can't belive no one mentioned Napa Rose. OK its at the Grand Ca, but if you are without kids and want something extra special that is the place! I have never had a bad meel there! The food and the service are well worth the price.

Oh and just for fun having appatizers and people watching at UVA Bar in the down Town Disney area is allways a blast and the food is good too.