PDA

View Full Version : What is up with vacation renters...

princessjojo
07-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I just need to vent for a moment...

I just can't understand why adults have to run and stomp all night. We arrived here, this afternoon at my dad's beach home, and someone has rented a unit just beneth us. All they have done is run, jump, stomp and bang all evening. Then there had been the fight going on between someone with yelling and doors slamming. I really don't understand. It's not like it's the middle of the day. Right now, it is about 11:45 and they were having relay races up and down the stairs. It would be different if it were children, but these are about 18-22. It is driving me CRAZY. :mad:

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to have a little more consideration for others. Maybe, I just let it get to me too much, or maybe it's just that it's late and I'm at my whitts end with it. I guess it too shows the difference between renters and owners. :thedolls:

That's ok though, my vacation isn't over yet...:plot: I have friends coming down later this week, and maybe we should go out one night and come in late....

merlinmagic4
07-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Sorry for your troubles! We were camping this weekend on an island with only 11 campsites. This one large group were yelling and running around until about midnight. I thought it was really quite rude; I think they thought they were the only ones on the island! I can see having a good time until about 10 but then it's time to think of others....................

Hope you get some sleep! You can always get up really early and vacuum or something ;)

PirateLover
07-03-2007, 08:40 AM
It's a stereotypical thing to say but if they were 18-22 and running around a vacation home, chances are they were drinking, which may partially explain the behavior. I say this because I'm 21 and I know what kids my age like to do. But I have a friend who has had issues with people of all ages living in a regular old apartment above her. Inconsiderate people are found in all shapes and sizes and all kinds of houses unfortunately.

Tinkerfreak
07-03-2007, 08:43 AM
I agree with Kelly, make sure to vaccum first thing when you get up in the morning. Or get one of those wonderful coffee makers that grinds the beans right in the coffee maker.

princessjojo
07-03-2007, 08:50 AM
I have one of my DS with me this week and we got up early this morning to go get bag of ice and another new boogie board since his is broken. I just let him stomp down the stairs as he ran down them. Funny was he stomped up them as we came back. We have someone coming to put new floors in this week also. My dad had scheduled them to arrive 7am Thursday morning...Putting in hardwood floors and a lot of funiture moving around. I'm up then usually.

PirateLover
07-03-2007, 02:10 PM
One thing my friend does to get back at her neighbors when they keep her up at night is blast the radio when she leaves the house in the late morning/early afternoon since that is when they are trying to sleep. :thedolls:

Tynkerbelle
07-03-2007, 03:44 PM
My neighbors are awful! The regularly keep us up with their parties. Our bedroom windows are in the back of the house, so when they have their all-nighters out in their backyard we get to lay in bed and listen....

They think nothing of being drunk and loud outside at 4:00AM. And the parents are as bad as the kids. The cops have been useless, too....

Their weekly recycle can is overflowing with beer cans and wine bottles every single week....

PirateLover - I like the way your friend thinks!

Good luck Princessjojo, try to enjoy the rest of your vacation. I know this is going to make me sound like my parents, but 18-22 year olds are children to me!

princessjojo
07-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, when 7am rolled around, the floor men came. They weren't even through pulling up the carpet when you could hear them outside on the deck complaining about the noise this morning. The men started banging and pounding, so I went down, very neighborly, and asked it we were making too much noise. They rolled their eyes and asked, "what do you think." I just said, "Oh, well they should be done by tomorrow afternoon. They'll be back tomorrow, too. Sorry (not :fresh:)" It felt really good for all the wrong reasons. Oh well.

BTW, I found out that they are the same ones that stay each year down there this week. Last year my dad had the police called because they were so loud all night. The music was so loud that the pictures on the walls would shake on occasion.

DVC2004
07-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Ugh I feel your pain. I just was away on 7 weeks for business and lived in a condo hotel. One night the person above me decided to run the vacuum at midnight on a weekday. Last week was the worst though- sounded like a herd of elephants were up there. All night running back and forth slamming doors, moving furniture, coming in loud at 2 am. Boy am I glad to be home. I think people just are in thier own worlds nowadays and have no idea they are disturbing others.

crazypoohbear
07-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I would have called the police right away.
I do this at home, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it on vacation, I pay too much for my time off!

I have neighbors who's back yard abuts our back yard. they think nothing of having parties with live bands all day and night long.

My DH will tell me to "just ignore it" ( he thinks it's better for us to be inconvenienced than to bother someone else. Growing up his family motto was "don't make waves") NOT my motto! I think if they don't have a problem bothering me, then I won't have a problem bothering them!

As the afternoon turns to evening drums, amps, microphones and alcohol DON'T mix well.!

One night I called the police and the dispatcher asked ME to turn down my music so she could hear me! I explained I didn't have music on that is was the neighbors. Yes, it was that loud!
Within 2 minutes there was peace and quiet:cloud9:
I like the idea of leaving on the radio when you leave for the day also!:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2007, 10:12 PM
If you don't have a good singing voice, how about turning up the radio really loud first thing in the morning and singing along, again really loudly!
But I agree, if they go too late, let the authorities handle it.