PDA

View Full Version : Favorite POTC movie?

crazy4disneyworld
07-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Pick what your favorite movie is in the amazing POTC trilogy and tell us which one you picked.

You can also list them in order of preference, if you'd like.

It's a tough choice, but I have to pick At World's End as my favorite. The action scenes, especially the maelstrom fight, are the best in the series, and it's clever and funny (multiple Jacks!) at the same time.

I can't place them in order right now because I like them all for different reasons.

SBETigg
07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
The first one was the best for me. At World's End is close. Dead Man's Chest was also great, but my least favorite of the three.

Melanie
07-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Curse of the Black Pearl - So wonderfully clever and unexpected. Great music. Such a memorable character in Capt. Jack.

At World's End - Tied up nicely, IMO. Some parts I personally didn't enjoy (the multiple Jack's and the Keith Richards appearance), but overall a good flick.

Dead Man's Chest - I still can't find much I like about the second installment, even after multiple viewings.

Camping Mom
07-02-2007, 11:09 PM
My choice is part one, two and three in that order. The first because it introduced to us Jack Sparrow. I watched the third movie, but it was way tooooo busy with subplots. Some could have been left out. Last 30 minutes was the best part, but sat thru a lot to get there.

Here's to hoping there is Movie # 4!

kaerbear178
07-02-2007, 11:20 PM
I went with At Worlds End. The only part I didn't like was the multiple Jacks! Oh well. The Curse of the Black Pearl would be next then Dead Man's Chest.

Christine
07-03-2007, 12:26 AM

in that order

Now having seen #3 (4 times so far :blush: ) it makes me like #2 better. But #2 on it's own I didn't enjoy so much.

RAIDER
07-03-2007, 03:50 AM
The first one was the best by far :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
07-03-2007, 07:40 AM
I like them all, but I thought the first was far superior!:mickey:

Mickey91
07-03-2007, 10:22 AM
I like all of them. The first was more light hearted and fun. The others are getting too dark.

alongfortheride
07-03-2007, 12:06 PM
#1: The Curse of the Black Pearl

#2(00): At World's End

#GoogolPlex: Dead Man's Chest

DisneyLove06
07-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I agree, I liked the First one the best, and the second one will always be last. It just wasn't interesting compared to the other two. I was expecting much more..

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2007, 05:01 PM
The only one that I can say that I whole heartedly loved was the first one. Such a wonderful surprise with the birth of the Captain Jack character, lots of good swashbuckling and a very clever plot with tons of humor. The other two were both somewhat disappointing to me. They both felt draggy in some places, and confusing and chaotic in others. They had so much potential, but just fell short of what I had hoped it could be.

MrIMAX
07-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Black Pearl will always be :number1: IMHO.

DisneyJunkie
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I had to go with "Dead Man's Chest". It had better visual effects, and was a more interesting (if somewhat cryptic) plot to it. I'll always enjoy "Curse of the Black Pearl", but I feel things were improved on with DMC. I've seen AWE and while I loved the last hour or so of it, the first hour and a half had some good visuals, but really dragged.

MMouse6937
07-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I thought the first one was the best. Although the second one was good, the way they left the cliffhanger at the end. The middle of #2 was somewhat excessive. The scenes on the beach, although humerous, were way overdone. I thought the first one was clear, concise, and incredible!! :number1:

ImagiAsh
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Looks like I'm with the majority. Can't get better than the original!:mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
07-08-2007, 01:30 PM
I didn't like the original at all, I thought #2 was the best. #3 just annoyed me to no end -- with the exception of seeing Will as Captain at the end. Yow! If only he wasn't so very young!!!