PDA

View Full Version : VH-1's World Series of Pop Culture

Emily
07-02-2007, 07:32 PM
So the WSOPC starts Sunday 7/8 (11PM EST)! :joy: Anyone else going to watch? I just went out to VH-1's site and watched some of the videos of the teams. Looks like some of them should be pretty entertaining. :D

We (Ian, his cousin and I) tried out for it back in February in Orlando, but we didn't even come close to making it! :shake: The test was hard! I don't really recognize any of the teams as being any that tried out with us. I'm kind of bummed, it would have been neat to see someone we "knew" up there.

But I'm excited anyway! I love trivia and I love this show!! :tv:

Christine
07-02-2007, 07:48 PM
We love this show! My husband and I play along and compete against each other.

I am looking forward to it!

Ian
07-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Too bad, Em, you mean Car Ramrod and Stupid Sexy Flanders didn't make it??

Bummer. ;)

I'll watch. This is one of our lazy pastimes while we're all on vacation in the Poconos ... watching WSOPC and complaining bitterly about how much better we could do.

However, as Em mentioned, we probably won't do that this year as we got our you-know-whats stomped when we tried out. ;)

Peter07
07-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I loved this show last year!! I wanted to get on this year but I didn't make it. Anyway, I just saw a spot on VH1 that worldofpop.com (http://www.worldofpop.com) (the show’s website) is going to have a trivia contest online at 10pm every night after the show which has a $2500 prize. Then after the finale show on 7/20 there will be a $10000 grand prize. At least I have another chance at some $$ with all my my useless trivia knowledge!

Did anyone else hear about this?

Ian
07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Anyone watch last night? Defending champs El Chupacabra got beaten in the first round and were eliminated!!

Has anyone tried playing on WorldofPop.com yet? I can't log on ... it just hangs when I try and sign in? :confused:

Movieguy
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Call me crazy, but i think I could do well on this show...I've had to restrain myself numerous times, because teams have gotten questions that I knew easily, but no one could answer. I've found myself nearly shouting "You don't know this?...you stink!" numerous times. :blush:

Stich8818
07-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Twisted Misters??!..They one?...Ugh..Sorry no offense to them but they lucked out in a few catagories...The one kid carried that whole team..Oh well there is always next year..I thought that Wocka Wocka was going to win..

ChipnDaleGal
07-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Team Wocka Wocka was our favorite from the first match they played. We were really rooting for them. We actually liked all the teams EXCEPT Twisted Misters. They were smart boys, but they acted like punks, and I hate seeing that rewarded. Oh well, it was a very fun competition to watch.

Chrisx2
07-20-2007, 04:14 PM
I was so hoping Wocka Wocka would win. Twisted Misters just didn't sit right with me. I would have loved a final with Wocka Wocka and Almost Perfect Strangers 2.0. (Obviously not possible but it would have been good!)

Christine
07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
You know who I thought were cute?? Carlton Banks Dance Academy.

Some of the team's names were really creative ("they're real and they're spectacular", etc)

Ian and Emily, what would you guys have named your team if you'd gotten on??

Ian
07-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Some of the team's names were really creative ("they're real and they're spectacular", etc)

Ian and Emily, what would you guys have named your team if you'd gotten on??They're Real and They're Spectacular actually tried out with us. They sat right behind Em, Mike, and I.

Our team was called "Friends of Bob Saccamano" ;)

Christine
07-21-2007, 10:29 AM
They're Real and They're Spectacular actually tried out with us. They sat right behind Em, Mike, and I.

Our team was called "Friends of Bob Saccamano" ;)

That's cute! Maybe next year, huh??